+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CISSP Sec+ C|EH MCTS-SCCM Cloud+ Proj+ Serv+ | MS:IT, JD (in progress)
    Just passed Project+ with them. Given my Masters is in PMAN and I've spent the last two years or so studying it, I went in a little cocky. I already had Amazon.com: CompTIA Project+ Exam Prep eBook: A.S. Austin: Kindle Store on my Kindle from 2013 when I last thought about dealing with this cert and read it twice. His book is basically an expanded vocabulary primer. It covered stuff like Arrow Diagramming Method that really isn't used in PM anymore but still shows up in the test sometimes. It won't completely prepare you for the exam but for $4.99 and 45 minutes of reading it was a nice review.

I still saw things on the exam I have never seen in PM, like tollgates. Just really random stuff. I ended up with an 800, which is fine as you need 710 to pass, but I was sweating pretty good once I started and thought there was a chance I had failed. Was very relieved that I passed it and never have to think about it anymore.

Very much worth the $50 and the few days of review. Thanks again to everyone that brought it to my attention here. I might give Server+ a crack on Tuesday but it would probably be a toss up for me with networking not being a strong-suit. I used to be a Unix admin but that was my last job and I haven't touched a server in months.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP Sec+ C|EH MCTS-SCCM Cloud+ Proj+ Serv+ | MS:IT, JD (in progress)
    I can't believe I knocked out these three certs for $150 when I wasn't planning on doing any certifications until this summer. Awesome deal, nice little foundation before I dive into some vendor specific stuff soon.

Oh, ProctorU was backed up tonight. Probably everyone trying to squeeze in their exams before the deadline. It only took about 10 extra minutes, not bad.
    Last edited by Gess; 04-01-2015 at 12:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+,Cloud+, CSA+, Mobility+, Network+, Project+. Server+, GSEC, GISP
    That your for this update! I just passed my Cloud+ tonight!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. The ceiling is glass. PJ_Sneakers's Avatar

Certifications
    AccessData, Cellebrite, CompTIA, EC-Council, IACRB, (ISC)˛, Microsoft, MSAB
    This was a great opportunity. I hope they continue this trend and release more exams through ProctorU. The only reason I didn't take Cloud+ is that I'm saving it for a couple years to renew my other CompTIA's.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks