+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    IT Fundamentals

Exclamation Is IT fundamental cert worth it?

I am unsure where I want to go with my life right now. I am still in High School and anticipating graduation next year. I am taking a IT internship program at school. In this program we basically provide support to teachers and students, we troubleshoot components and service some mobile devices. I was recently given an opportunity to take an IT Fundamentals test for $35. I am interested in getting an A+ cert, but am still lacking confidence in my preparations. If i get this certification I am eligible to graduate with distinction next year. Does this cert expire? Is it worth it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    If you are going to take it for $35 I would do it in a heartbeat. It will expire in three years. But, the A+ Cert is good because it tells your employer that your capable of learning IT and that your capable of going further. If you want to pursue a career in IT and like Computer Repair you should try to get an old computer and put Windows Server 2012 on it. I am just now finishing my degree and I wish I would of started this in High School.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Definitely do it! Will help you land your first IT job
    Reply With Quote Quote  

silicon valley, where we speak that bay area slang

Certifications
    CCNA CCENT ITIL SSCA SSVVP WSQD WSQI Cloud+ Mobility+ Security+ Linux+ Network+ Server+ Project+ A+ HIT LPIC-1 CLA11 ACE ace/PACA SSBBP SSLP CMS SCP
    Any cert to build/validate knowledge is good in my eyes - being $35 bucks makes it all that much sweeter. Good luck on your IT goals!

Good for Life - but we'll see.

CompTIA IT Fundamentals

The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
    • Identifying and explaining computer components.
    • Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations.
    • Establishing network connectivity.
    • Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks.
    • Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers.
    The IT Fundamentals certification is ideal for individuals and students considering a career in IT, as well as those in allied fields that require a broad understanding of IT. CompTIA IT Fundamentals can be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and with, specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.

Test Details
    Exam Number FC0-U51
    Exam Format Multiple choice, 60 minutes, 75 questions
    Passing score 650
    Recommended Experience No prior experience necessary
    Languages English

http://certification.comptia.org/doc...ls_fc0-u41.pdf
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    IT Fundamentals
    I am signing up tomorrow! The discounted price is actually $23. I decided for that price it would be stupid not to do it. Where can I study for this test however? I have good knowledge for everything on A+ except printers, RAM, and naming connectors.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks