+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    ITIL Foundation, Comptia HIT

Red face Passed Comptia Healthcare IT exam

Well I just passed the Comptia Healthcare IT exam today with a score of 706/650. I do not work directly on the IT side of things but I have worked in hospitals and biotech for 10 plus years. I am using this and my ITIL Foundations to help get a little edge into a more tech role in the healthcare field rather than just being stuck clinical side. So within the last month or so I was able to bang out this and ITIL Foundations. Nothing mind blowing but I used this two certs as any entry to more advance certs.

I felt that this exam was a bit more challenging than ITIL F as the pool of potential questions could literally be anything from medical to routers to security. Not to say ITIL and HIT having anything in common but these two exams are my only experience with IT exams. I used Joy Dark's HIT book for the bulk of my studying. Overall, this a fairly good overview of some of things you will see on the exam. I felt the book was fairly complete and should get you a pass with some supplemental web research. If you work as network admin or sys admin in healthcare I would think this exam would be a breeze and the book would be a quick review if at all. For a more clinical worker, I learned a good deal about HIT from the book and some extra studying so I found the exam overall beneficial. Will it create any added value for me? I don't know but I think this cert could only help and not hurt. I might aim for CAPM, CIIP or Linux/Redhat next as I look to start tackling a bit more advanced certs. Keep grinding it out I guess. Hope this helps anyone interested in the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by aptget View Post
    Well I just passed the Comptia Healthcare IT exam today with a score of 706/650. I do not work directly on the IT side of things but I have worked in hospitals and biotech for 10 plus years. I am using this and my ITIL Foundations to help get a little edge into a more tech role in the healthcare field rather than just being stuck clinical side. So within the last month or so I was able to bang out this and ITIL Foundations. Nothing mind blowing but I used this two certs as any entry to more advance certs.

I felt that this exam was a bit more challenging than ITIL F as the pool of potential questions could literally be anything from medical to routers to security. Not to say ITIL and HIT having anything in common but these two exams are my only experience with IT exams. I used Joy Dark's HIT book for the bulk of my studying. Overall, this a fairly good overview of some of things you will see on the exam. I felt the book was fairly complete and should get you a pass with some supplemental web research. If you work as network admin or sys admin in healthcare I would think this exam would be a breeze and the book would be a quick review if at all. For a more clinical worker, I learned a good deal about HIT from the book and some extra studying so I found the exam overall beneficial. Will it create any added value for me? I don't know but I think this cert could only help and not hurt. I might aim for CAPM, CIIP or Linux/Redhat next as I look to start tackling a bit more advanced certs. Keep grinding it out I guess. Hope this helps anyone interested in the exam.
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Cool - I like these one off type certifications.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Congrats!!

I have been thinking about entering into the Healthcare IT field after a team member of mine suggested it to me and thought that I would be really good at it. But I didn't think that you needed an ITIL Foundations certification in order to enter this industry.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Interesting, Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA IT Fundamentals, CCENT, CCNA:R&S, BInfoTech
    Purchased the study guide today. I noticed on Pearson Vue that it's not going to be tested anymore but it will never expire. Might aswell get it before the cut off date.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Six Sigma White Belt, CNA, MCSE (Win2K)
    I see that this ends 2/17. How hard is it ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks