+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Server+, Mobility+, MCDST, MCTS 70-640 & 642, 70-680+685, MCSA 2012 (409,411,410), 70-697, 70-346

Default Mobility+ being retired at end of next year

hmmph.. not that I wanted to re-write it in 3 but my employers wanted our teams to have it

Important Mobility+ Update:

CompTIA Mobility+ certification will officially retire on December 15, 2017. The main reason for this retirement is that the job role for Mobility+ continues to merge into the Network Administrator role, and much of the Mobility+ content is covered in CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+.
    The continuing education requirement of Mobility+ will be removed after October 31, 2016. All active (non-expired) Mobility+ CE certifications through this date will automatically convert to Good-For-Life (GFL) status.

https://certification.comptia.org/ce...tions/mobility
    Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    hmmph.. not that I wanted to re-write it in 3 but my employers wanted our teams to have it

Important Mobility+ Update:

CompTIA Mobility+ certification will officially retire on December 15, 2017. The main reason for this retirement is that the job role for Mobility+ continues to merge into the Network Administrator role, and much of the Mobility+ content is covered in CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+.
    The continuing education requirement of Mobility+ will be removed after October 31, 2016. All active (non-expired) Mobility+ CE certifications through this date will automatically convert to Good-For-Life (GFL) status.

https://certification.comptia.org/ce...tions/mobility
    Looks like Im getting Mobility+ here soon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    A+,N+,S+,Cloud Ess,Cloud+/MCSA Sec/CCNA,CCNA SP Ops,CCDP/JNCIA-Junos|IDP,JNCDA,JNCIS-ENT|SA|WLAN|QF/ITIL Found/CloudU/CWTS,CWNA
    Unfortunately I missed BETA Program for this one to get for free (most propably ) ....

At lest from my opinion - it was inevitable. I somehow felt through my skin that certification will definitely not be maintained by CompTIA for a long time: too many players on the market, too high certification price, too low marketing / market recognition.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks