+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed CSA+

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CSA+, MTA:98-365

Default Passed CSA+

But just barely with a 774!

Got the bundle with the free retake some time ago. Used some different materials than the norm here; ITPro.tv along with the Transcender exams included with that, and Comptia certmaster. This was my first time trying to pass a cert without reading a book. Can't say I had as much confidence as I would have liked but a pass is a pass I guess.

Certmaster was pretty much useless. The transcender exams, well, they were in the ballpark but still very different from the test. I liked ITPro.tv and it was definitely informative, however, I don't think that alone wouldn't be enough to pass. I have not seen the Sybex book so can't comment there. In hindsight I spent way too much time learning the different switches and how to run the scans, (Nmap, Wireshark, etc.), and not enough time learning what the scan was telling me. Had I failed, that is where 90% of my study time would have been spent for the next go around.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    CySA+ Security+ Network+ iNet+ A+
    As someone posted here a long time ago:

"Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning." - Dom Toretto

Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, SSCP, MCTS, CEH, Sec+, AESA
    Congratulations
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks