+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. I drink and I know things Ertaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    678

    Certifications
    CISSP, CSAE, CSAP, CASP, CSA+, GPEN, CCNA Cyber Ops, Security+, MCP
    #1

    Default Stackable Certs are here!

    https://certification.comptia.org/ce...certifications

    I have my CSAP and CSAE now. Sweet. Login to your certmetrics account and check the stackable certifications section to see what you've been awarded.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    235

    Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    #2
    It's taken a while for CompTIA to release these. I guess they were adding to the original list of stackable certs from Spring. I see they have them in your certification profile when you logon. At least they aren't charging extra. Will have to see if these would even get any recognition down the road for any resume purpose.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    90

    Certifications
    CASP, CRISC, CISA, CISM (application pending)
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePawofRizzo View Post
    At least they aren't charging extra. Will have to see if these would even get any recognition down the road for any resume purpose.
    Will this be the case moving forward? I'm guessing it might take some time before these certifications get reflected in employment requirements / job descriptions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member wd40's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahrain
    Posts
    921

    Certifications
    CISA, eJPT, CompTIA x 6, MCP, MCTS
    #4
    I got 3 of them

    CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist – CSIS
    CompTIA IT Operations Specialist – CIOS
    CompTIA Network Infrastructure Professional – CNIP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    787

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CASP, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, CEH, MCSE 2003, MCTIP 2008, Bachelor of Science IT
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wd40 View Post
    I got 3 of them

    CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist – CSIS
    CompTIA IT Operations Specialist – CIOS
    CompTIA Network Infrastructure Professional – CNIP
    Same here. I have the CSA+ book, so I'm going to see if I can knock out reading the Sybex book to take the test and obtain the CompTIA Security Analytics Expert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member H3||scr3am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    551

    Certifications
    CISSP, ITIL v3 Foundations, Security+, Linux+, Cloud+, Server+, Project+, Network+, A+, CSA+, CCENT
    #6
    I received 8/9 of them and to obtain the final one I'll need the CASP... to me, it's a lot more bloat, and resume filler, not certain if they'll catch on, but we'll have to see. I'm keeping them off my LinkedIn Profile for now...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    235

    Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    #7
    Yeah, I agree, at this time they aren't going to be recognizable. I'd like to see them gain some respect, but we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    227
    #8
    Just got 6 emails "stacked" on top of each other with all the stackable certs

    If I get the Cloud+ and Server+ I'll have all of them, might just have to do it for the heck of it
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    18
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by H3||scr3am View Post
    I received 8/9 of them and to obtain the final one I'll need the CASP... to me, it's a lot more bloat, and resume filler, not certain if they'll catch on, but we'll have to see. I'm keeping them off my LinkedIn Profile for now...
    Agreed. I have a few of these things, but it is more or less just something to print out and put on the team's "love me" wall we having going.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member sigsoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    127

    Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CSA+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA, Security+, ITIL-F
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by matai View Post
    Just got 6 emails "stacked" on top of each other with all the stackable certs

    If I get the Cloud+ and Server+ I'll have all of them, might just have to do it for the heck of it
    I would say that's exactly what CompTIA is hoping for. These new certs try to incentive-ize people to go spend money on obtaining more of their certs. Good strategy for CompTIA!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks