+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default CertMaster or UCerify for CompTIA CSA?

I currently have my Sec+ and looking to get my CSA Cert. Looks like my 2 big option are UCertify (Lessons, Test Prep, Labs) Or Certmaster (which comes with 2 exam vouchers).

Now I hate to make it sound like its all about the money, but my company won't reimbursement until I pass. So that also plays a small part as its either $429 up front (certmasters) or $279 + voucher upfront for UCertify.

Has anyone used either and liked 1 better?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    LFCS, GCIH, eJPT, CCNA, CAPM, Trifecta
    No experience with either, but I have only seen bad reviews regarding Certmaster products and exams for CySA+.

I'm pretty pleased with my personal curriculum and am halfway into its studies. Basically 2 Udemy courses, 1 Safaribooks course, 1 textbook, and 6-months access to the Cybrary.it labs. Cybrary.it is a middle man for practice-labs.com

Total cost: $120
    2018: CySA+ | PenTest+ | OSCP | CISA
    2019: CCNA Cyber Ops | CISSP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CWNA, CWTS, A+/N+/S+/Cloud+, ITIL, MTA
    The only benefit of Certmaster is if you buy the bundles where you get the retake. Otherwise, I find it to be pretty weak study method -- I basically look at them like flash cards.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    just passed my CSA+ on the 9th ... udem and the csa+study guide..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    While not for CSA+, I've used both UCertify and Certmaster. I think UCertify study materials are a bit more in-depth, so probably a better choice. I used Certmaster to drill for Sec+ when Certmaster first came out, and while it was OK to use to reinforce material I'd been studying, I found it to be lightweight for test preparation. I had read a couple books for Sec+ and done a lot of practice exams, then expected Certmaster to be a good challenge, but it was mostly light review of the basic Sec+ topics. The repetition in Certmaster was probably helpful, but I certainly would not use it as a primary study tool
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks