+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member
    wow i wonder how good the health it cert pays
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    (Comptia A+, Net + , Security +) ( Rackspace: CloudU )
    I know this response come late Sam5305 but in response to your question this book : CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide: Joy Dark, Jean Andrews: 9780789749291: Amazon.com: Books

was the best i could find to study for this exam has well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications

Default Look good To Me

This exam look like a good one form my research and easy to pass. Expectantly for someone with an A+ and security + and so actual IT experience. Then this exam shouldn't be much of a challenge. The only problem I have found with this exam is the lack of study material because of this exam being so new.

For anyone think of taking it I would recommend using : CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide : CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide: Joy Dark, Jean Andrews: 9780789749291: Amazon.com: Books

Out of what is actual able for this exam I found this book to be one of the best, I also found the learn curve to be very minor. It real Medical Business Operations, Organizational Behavior and Regulatory Requirements objective you need to focus on, with a possible quick review of the rested. The rested of the objective are really just reviews of security+ and A+ days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    The average base salary for healthcare IT tech is $78,000 according to CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    I took the HIT exam about a month ago. Having already taken several CompTIA exams over the years (A+, N+, Sec+, Server+, and more), and also having spent a few years of my career in the healthcare industry, and trained on HIPAA, I thought this Strata exam would be a quick easy knockout. I passed, but honestly found the exam more challenging than I expected. Honestly, I'm glad it was a little tougher than I expected, so it - hopefully - gives the exam some credibility. I mostly took it to help add to my IT and healthcare industry experience for the future. And at $102, and about the same for the study material I think it will at least have that return in knowledge.

I used the UCertify practice exams and Joy Dark/Jean Andrews' book for preparation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    For one that would like to get into healtcare, I suppose it is one way to get into health IT.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Like the price. I've done some work lately for some doctors as well as at a couple hospitals and this may help me get more work like that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks