+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member
    wow i wonder how good the health it cert pays
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    (Comptia A+, Net + , Security +) ( Rackspace: CloudU )
    I know this response come late Sam5305 but in response to your question this book : CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide: Joy Dark, Jean Andrews: 9780789749291: Amazon.com: Books

was the best i could find to study for this exam has well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications

Default Look good To Me

This exam look like a good one form my research and easy to pass. Expectantly for someone with an A+ and security + and so actual IT experience. Then this exam shouldn't be much of a challenge. The only problem I have found with this exam is the lack of study material because of this exam being so new.

For anyone think of taking it I would recommend using : CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide : CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide: Joy Dark, Jean Andrews: 9780789749291: Amazon.com: Books

Out of what is actual able for this exam I found this book to be one of the best, I also found the learn curve to be very minor. It real Medical Business Operations, Organizational Behavior and Regulatory Requirements objective you need to focus on, with a possible quick review of the rested. The rested of the objective are really just reviews of security+ and A+ days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    The average base salary for healthcare IT tech is $78,000 according to CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician HIT-001 Authorized Cert Guide
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, CWTS, Storage+, Sec+, A+, N+, Mobility+, MCP, etc.
    I took the HIT exam about a month ago. Having already taken several CompTIA exams over the years (A+, N+, Sec+, Server+, and more), and also having spent a few years of my career in the healthcare industry, and trained on HIPAA, I thought this Strata exam would be a quick easy knockout. I passed, but honestly found the exam more challenging than I expected. Honestly, I'm glad it was a little tougher than I expected, so it - hopefully - gives the exam some credibility. I mostly took it to help add to my IT and healthcare industry experience for the future. And at $102, and about the same for the study material I think it will at least have that return in knowledge.

I used the UCertify practice exams and Joy Dark/Jean Andrews' book for preparation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    For one that would like to get into healtcare, I suppose it is one way to get into health IT.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Like the price. I've done some work lately for some doctors as well as at a couple hospitals and this may help me get more work like that.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks