+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    MCP| MCTS| MCITP| MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2| MCSA Windows 7| ITIL v3 Foundations| CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician| Security+

Default Passed Healthcare IT yesterday

Got this done and passed. By the skin of my teeth but it's a pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Exploring Life.... 10Linefigure's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, A+
    Good job!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats on the pass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Now what do you plan on doing with this cert? i was thinking about this cert as well but not sure what it applies to besides the obvious. You hoping Hospital I.T. ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP| MCTS| MCITP| MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2| MCSA Windows 7| ITIL v3 Foundations| CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician| Security+
    I'm already in healthcare IT. I had hoped to use this as a springboard to get out of help desk, but I'm leaning towards getting out of healthcare. I paid for the test though, now ready to move onto the CCENT.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CISSP | C|EH | E|CIH | Security+ | Network+ | A+ | CWTS
    This is being retired at the end of the year. It didn't have a long life at all. Anyone know of the reasons for retireing? Just no interest possibly?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HIT, MTAx6, MS: O365, MSCA: O365, MCSA: Win 7, MCITP: Win 7 EA, MCITP: Win 7 EDS, MCTS: 70-681, MS: Server Virtualization HyperV, BAAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grafixx01 View Post
    This is being retired at the end of the year. It didn't have a long life at all. Anyone know of the reasons for retireing? Just no interest possibly?
    Can you source this?

I have found zero information about this retirement...

-scott
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SweenMachine View Post
    Can you source this?

I have found zero information about this retirement...

-scott
    Scott,

You can find this information upon the checkout cart on any exam voucher on the comptia website which states that it is being discontinued December 31, 2014.

As for the reason,

Thank you for using CompTIA’s Customer Support Center. CompTIA is always interested in improving our services and we would like to know about your recent experience with us.

Please take a few minutes to complete our 3 question survey attached to your closed ticket. Your feedback is very important to us. Please be sure to include your ticket number for further reference. All submissions are confidential.

Once again thank you for using our CompTIA Customer Support Center.

CompTIA studies the trends of our exams, and if the industry is not taking the exam we post information on our website, and do surveys. Based on the feedback CompTIA received, the decision was made to retire the Healthcare IT exam. CompTIA made the determination to retire Healthcare IT because not enough of the IT community was taking this exam.
    Relevance of the Healthcare IT exam in the future would be determined by an employer's requirements.
    Please feel free to open a new ticket if you have any additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
    CompTIA Customer Support

The following Customer(s) have been CC'ed:
    Ticket Information:
    Ticket #:
    Date Created: 5/01/2014 01:04 PM CDT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, VCP5-DCV, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL, Qualys
    You might want to try the CPHIMS, if you have enough HIT experience.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HIT, MTAx6, MS: O365, MSCA: O365, MCSA: Win 7, MCITP: Win 7 EA, MCITP: Win 7 EDS, MCTS: 70-681, MS: Server Virtualization HyperV, BAAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentleaf View Post
    Scott,

You can find this information upon the checkout cart on any exam voucher on the comptia website which states that it is being discontinued December 31, 2014.

As for the reason,

Thank you for using CompTIA’s Customer Support Center. CompTIA is always interested in improving our services and we would like to know about your recent experience with us.

Please take a few minutes to complete our 3 question survey attached to your closed ticket. Your feedback is very important to us. Please be sure to include your ticket number for further reference. All submissions are confidential.

Once again thank you for using our CompTIA Customer Support Center.

CompTIA studies the trends of our exams, and if the industry is not taking the exam we post information on our website, and do surveys. Based on the feedback CompTIA received, the decision was made to retire the Healthcare IT exam. CompTIA made the determination to retire Healthcare IT because not enough of the IT community was taking this exam.
    Relevance of the Healthcare IT exam in the future would be determined by an employer's requirements.
    Please feel free to open a new ticket if you have any additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
    CompTIA Customer Support

The following Customer(s) have been CC'ed:
    Ticket Information:
    Ticket #:
    Date Created: 5/01/2014 01:04 PM CDT

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I guess I should knock this one out soon... haha

-scott
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. um yea i know some stuffs demonfurbie's Avatar

Certifications
    mct: 70-680, a+, network+, security+ (comptia tri-force) project+, ciw foundations, ciw javascript something
    yea i guess i better as well
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Server+, CCENT, CSA+, Google Educator, SolarWinds Certified Professional
    does the HIT expire?
    I'm looking at most likely being hired by a healthcare company. Aeroflow Healthcare | DME Provider of Mobility, CPAP, & Respiratory Equipment Though they don't normally deal with patients directly, they do run a pharmacy on site and of course deal in DME for the home. SO, there will be some patient/sensitive information around. Would this cert be valuable for me?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, DECA-ISM v2, MCP, MTAx2 , CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH
    How hard overall was the exam? I purchased a voucher and a book and plan on taking it before the expiration date? Can this be knocked out in a weekend or so?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, CCNA: Security, VCA: DV, VCA: Cloud, VCA: WM, VCP5: DCV, A+, Network+, Security+, CASP, & BS: Computer and Information Science.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerxl View Post
    Got this done and passed. By the skin of my teeth but it's a pass.
    Congratulations on the pass
    So I guess from the information that was presented, the CompTIA Heathcare IT certification will be ending this year. I was contemplating on taking it since there are a lot of IT positions in the healthcare field in the RTP area. I flipped through the official book at my campus library and saw that, besides healthcare, it contained information that was covered in A+, Network+, and Security+. I guess that it is worth noting on a resume. It also doesn't expire.
    Last edited by Doyen; 08-04-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Changed my post after doing some research.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Server+, CCENT, CSA+, Google Educator, SolarWinds Certified Professional
    Doyen, that's basically what I've seen. Kind of a mix of A+ with a little Net+ and Sec+ as well as a decent amount of healthcare standards and guidelines dealing with patient information and the like.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks