+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    MTA Windows OS Fundamentals 98-349| ITIL Foundation| Apple Mac Integration 10.12

Default Is the content in MTA Networking Fundamentals 98-366 still relevant or isit outdated?

I want to learn some basic networking and K find following an exam guide and sitting the exam really helps me, I have concerns that technology has advanced so much since this exam came out that its content is no longer relevant but as I know little about networking I am unsure so would like advice.

Many Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, MTA 98-349, MTA 98-366, MTA 98-367
    The content is still relevant to today's standards. It covers a lot of the basics from topology to specifics of Twisted Pair wiring standards. If you are looking for more in depth information you are better off taking the Network+ which covers more than the basics that the MTA 98-366 covers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCENT
    I have read here as well as other places on the internet that MTA 98-366 along with Comptia Network plus and Cisco CCENT have a lot of overlap so it would make sense to get all 3. It's a-lot of foundational knowledge but when has that ever hurt anyone. Plus you get HR love depending who is looking.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayz View Post
    The content is still relevant to today's standards. It covers a lot of the basics from topology to specifics of Twisted Pair wiring standards. If you are looking for more in depth information you are better off taking the Network+ which covers more than the basics that the MTA 98-366 covers.
    +1. I would recommend the Network+ over the MTA. I have both but did my MTA back in my apprenticeship, and having done both I would say the Network+ covers a wider range of networking concepts than the MTA does. No need to do both or the CCENT, just go for the Network+ and if you decide to further your career in Networking, do the CCNA afterwards.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks