+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    MTA Windows OS Fundamentals 98-349| ITIL Foundation| Apple Mac Integration 10.12
    Im still on ch1 of the MS book spent alot of time making notes, limited study time due to work I need 1 full day studying tbh but limited time. Im going to use the book and signup for ITProTV watch the videos there. I dont find the MVA videos useful tbh way too brief. Hoping to do the exam sometime next month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCDST, MCP, BSc Computer Forensics, MTA: 98-366, OSWP, OSCP, FJSE, ACE, PGCert, Linux+
    100% agree with G.O.A.T - the MVA videos are great as a supplement only. I doubt anyone could watch the MVA videos, not read the book/do practical work and pass. That's how i'm tackling this course. I watch the MVA video, read the chapter, do the practical work, then take the self-assessment. This approach worked for my MTA Networking and is working for the MTA Server course as well (I think!)
    Plans for early 2018: CompTIA Security+
    Plans for 2018/Beyond: MTA Software Development Fundamentals and see where that takes me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MTA Windows OS Fundamentals 98-349| ITIL Foundation| Apple Mac Integration 10.12
    I think taking notes helps though..yes its longer but I dont think its possible to ansorb the book to memory.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCDST, MCP, BSc Computer Forensics, MTA: 98-366, OSWP, OSCP, FJSE, ACE, PGCert, Linux+
    I also think notes are a good way of committing things to memory. As I go through the last 3 chapters i'll be writing more notes. I've got a few family issues to attend to, so i'm unable to study until Sunday now. But i've got an interview tomorrow on the back of this certification - so it's already helping me and i've not even passed it yet!
    Plans for 2018/Beyond: MTA Software Development Fundamentals and see where that takes me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    I have four MTAs, and quite frankly they are more novelty than anything else. MTAs are certs I would make non-Tech employees get across the board.

You're a lot better off just going for an MCSA exam like the 70-410 than you are going for the MTA as you're not really going to learn anything that can really be applied to the job.

MTA is only the first 3 days on the job as a server admin.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by si20 View Post
    100% agree with G.O.A.T - the MVA videos are great as a supplement only. I doubt anyone could watch the MVA videos, not read the book/do practical work and pass. That's how i'm tackling this course. I watch the MVA video, read the chapter, do the practical work, then take the self-assessment. This approach worked for my MTA Networking and is working for the MTA Server course as well (I think!)
    My experience with Server 2012 R2 was nearly non-existent, as was my experience with server 2008R2. No study, no prep, employer told me I was signed up for the MTA exam out of the blue and needed to take it after lunch.

I passed with a 93% with 3 hours notice to exam time and never touched a Windows server OS in 7 months before that. And even then my time on a mcirosoft server was just setting up the virtual machines and domain controllers for a few days. Rest of my time was all on Linux servers and now it's all Azure for me.

But overall you wont need to spend much time at all studying on MTAs.

I passed four MTAs in two days with no study.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I have given up on the MS book just isnt syncing in with me so gone with the tom carepenter one
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    The course is on hold for me. I'm having a very bad time finding a job I will definitely continue the cert but I need a week or two break whilst I get my head together.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sad to hear about that mate, hopefully something will come up soon. Guess you have to focus your efforts in getting a job now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks