+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Default MTA Networking fundamental?

I got a question about MTA Networking fundamental. Is there a mass differences between Net+, and mta networking? MTA networking is one of the cert I will obtain, while attaining Centriq. Which one is easier? Thanks alot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, MTA 98-349, MTA 98-366, MTA 98-367
    The MTA Networking Fundamentals exam is 50 questions or less. It's not on the level of the Network+ in terms of difficulty or value. It's much easier than the Network + so you should have no issues passing the MTA Networking Fundamentals if you study. With 2 weeks of studying you can pass it with no problems. The thing is that most jobs will look for a candidate with a Network + than an MTA. MTA certifications never expire while with the Network + you must renew every 3 years.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I actually took this last month. It's a nice solid foundation level certification to validate what you know before moving into the more serious ones. I'm working towards Network+ after the MTA. It is fully optional though, although I feel better for having it.
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Client & Security:
    MCSE: Mobility | MCSA: Windows 10 | MCITP: Windows 7
    Server & Networking:
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Currently Studying: Project+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayz View Post
    The MTA Networking Fundamentals exam is 50 questions or less. It's not on the level of the Network+ in terms of difficulty or value. It's much easier than the Network + so you should have no issues passing the MTA Networking Fundamentals if you study. With 2 weeks of studying you can pass it with no problems. The thing is that most jobs will look for a candidate with a Network + than an MTA. MTA certifications never expire while with the Network + you must renew every 3 years.
    Thanks. Since i will be getting my ccent also. I probably won't go for net+. I heard that it kindred pointless to get Net+, if you going for your ccent (eventually ccna.) Alot of HR look for ccent/ccna instead of net+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: R&S, MTA: Networking Fundamentals, Security+, Network+, Linux+, A+, Project+
    Passed the MTA after the N+ and did not need to study for it. Not much value to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks