+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Failed 70-297

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    At least for the 298 the time is broken down into small chunks for each case study. It isn't an over-arching amount of time for the whole of the case studies. So you can have one case study be 15 minutes while another is 25 minutes. I definitely recommend the looking at the question then flipping to the case study. Flipping back and forth is as easy as a single click. Some times you can answer a question without even looking at the case study because the answers presented are so ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Hi people! I am new here as u can see
    I have MCSA, and now I am trying to prepare 70-297, and find it very hard, but I find this forum and I just want to say THANKS to all of YOU!
    Reading posts here helped me a LOT!

I will give it a shot in two weeks so keep fingers crossed for me!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Mikrosoft professori jyrki.arpiainen's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSE 2003, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishko View Post
    Hi people! I am new here as u can see
    I have MCSA, and now I am trying to prepare 70-297, and find it very hard, but I find this forum and I just want to say THANKS to all of YOU!
    Reading posts here helped me a LOT!

I will give it a shot in two weeks so keep fingers crossed for me!
    Old post but i'll comment anyways as there might still be other ppl. who read this forums without having a need to comment anything.. . .
    I also have MCSA right now, and after that i have passed 70-299, 70-294, and 70-293 in this order.

As 294 covers technical details and functions of AD very well and 293 is "planning and maintaining 2003 networks" they not just help passing 297 but are almost mandatory.
    I think i managed to choose nice order for my exams, 299 is security exam and covered lots of AD material as well..

But taking 297 right after MCSA sounds a bit like "mission impossible".

I am studing this 297 at the moment and have tried TestOut practise exam couple times. So far my experiences have been that in given time i have not managed to even read case scenario! Just something like half of the text and after that there is those questions and coming back to check details from case scenarios again..
    Which means that with my reading speed i would need about 30 minutes more time / scenario to actually read all info and answer questions.

So obviously that approach is out of question.. i wonder if non english speakers have more time in this exam also?
    And if that's the case how much it is procentually? Testout practise exam seems to ignore that situation.

Another question: what if i change my tactic with this exam so that i take one try and go to exam to just read case scenarios, then take another exam soon enough and continue from there?
    Eventually even i get this speed reading test passed..

I'd like to avoid using any braindumps. I haven't used them to this point so far and i like to keep it that way.
    Even so if it takes months per exam and several tries. So far it has worked but this 297 is tough as it's format assumes that you can pick needed information out of big amount of text by quick "look" or something.. .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    First off, welcome to TE!
    Unfortunately M$ doesn't allow more time to non-english speakers which is why they attempt to have the exam available in different languages. Please don't resort to Brain dumps as that may come back to bite you in your a$$. Taking the test and then retaking it would only help you if the same questions are repeated, which they usually aren't. If the questions were repeated then braindumps would just be that much more successful.
    Good luck in your studies and I wish you success on this exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Mikrosoft professori jyrki.arpiainen's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    First off, welcome to TE!
    Thanks!

Unfortunately M$ doesn't allow more time to non-english speakers which is why they attempt to have the exam available in different languages. Please don't resort to Brain dumps as that may come back to bite you in your a$$.
    Exactly my point. I'm not lucky enough to be most convincing person at this planet and my whole point to study certifications is to prove that i really know this stuff.
    I need to prove it to potential employers of course, but not just those, its for myself too. Passing this honestly with hard work definitely helps me gain more self-assurance which might eventually start to glow out too..

Taking the test and then retaking it would only help you if the same questions are repeated, which they usually aren't. If the questions were repeated then braindumps would just be that much more successful.
    Good luck in your studies and I wish you success on this exam.
    Yeah, thanks again -i bet that i need to retake this few times at least but then again -it feels sweeter when i finally pass it someday!

First try is next week! So far i have read couple books about designing AD and done lots of training with virtual machines..
    Plus some AD / network infrastructure related work in real environment in one of our government organizations. Considering that i am trainee they let me do pretty much everything i know i can do. Anyhow.. i'm not very optimistic about this test.
    Last edited by jyrki.arpiainen; 05-26-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: just adding couple lines
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Mikrosoft professori jyrki.arpiainen's Avatar

Certifications
    Unfortunately M$ doesn't allow more time to non-english speakers which is why they attempt to have the exam available in different languages.
    Yeah, there is some of the biggest included but how many languages there is in the world? Thousands.
    It's clear that there is no chance to get different exam versions ever for every language so giving compensation is the only answer for people from small countries.

I noticed in the first try that this exam indeed had extra time for non native english speakers, just like all other exams that i have had.
    It would be odd from MS to have different approach with just one exam.. especially when it contains huge amount of reading.

I took 2nd. shot today and got it through!

This exam had 180 min. total time, i think.
    Exam itself had 160 min. This one i remember for sure. And 40 Q's.

Other MCP tests had 30min extra and i think that it was same with this one but it was shared between all testlets. Though now i don't know which was original time limit for native english speakers. And how many questions they had..

That extratime was a real life saver. I used almost all time in two testlets and it was still not enough for another two. So i couldn't read all info in case scenarios.
    But that's been the case with everyone else too so this compensation is there for a reason.

This should't be plain speed reading exams.
    Without extra time i would't had any hope to get this designing test done. Unless maybe after try number 10 or so.. . .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks