+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HDI:SCA, MTA:OS, MCTS:7

Default Taking the 98-349

I keep hearing about these MTA exams and wanted to see what they were all about. I will be taking the OS Fundamentals tomorrow Jan 04 @ 10:00. Having already finished my first run through of my 70-680 studies, I would expect this to be fairly simple. That said, if I do not pass, I believe I will take a nice break from Microsoft and reconsider my focus. I'll update tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA, CCENT, Project+, Security+, Network+, A+
    @About7Narwhal - you cannot not pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Well, it was nice to stop the 70-680 stuff for a day to look over this exam. I still have a whole book to go through and another round of Professor Messer by the 17th. But I didn't feel like I was learning anything from it. I think this break will help, even if it is only a day.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    So, I took and passed the 98-349 today with a 96/100, marking my first Microsoft certification. The exam was a cake walk for anyone who works with Windows 7 on a technical level. That said, there were a few questions where the answers had 2 valid solutions: The easy way or the Microsoft way. Beyond that, I was pretty shocked to see 1 or 2 questions on some mid-level command line and management console stuff. While I feel the test was easy, I would say that if you have no technical experience using Windows 7 (or some of it's optional technical downloads), you might find this a bit tough as you either know it or you don't. There isn't much available in the way of guessing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Certiport IC3 GS4
    Congrats. Im thinking on taking this exam myself.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, DCSE, MCTS Windows 7, MTA Windows Server
    Can someone explain what the difference is between the 98-349 exam and the 70-680? I have my 70-680 passed, but is it being phased out? Is it worth getting the MTA 98-349 exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks