+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default certiport is okay I guess.

I'm taking the exam today. I've been studying practice tests via certiport. Their tests do not seem to be up to date, with the rollout this previous year of win 10, but they do seem to help. I'll report back on how I do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    I just took this test today. I currently work in a Data Center and have no official education in IT previously, but do have some job experience in the tech industry. I needed a base certification to start and figured this would be a good choice.

I primarily used CBT nuggets for learning and found that they do cover every subject, but in a very broad overview sense - it's up to you to expand upon what they show you briefly in each "nugget". I supplemented with free flash cards, quizzes, and tests, that i found via google.

The test was much harder than i had anticipated, and to preface this, i hadn't taken a test since college (about 6 years ago). So this was also a brush up on the test-taking process/mindset.

The major things that stood out to me were the nature of the questions. I kind of assumed they would just be asking to define, or prove that you know the purpose of tools, applets, and what-not. But they were much more specific than that. Not only were you to know what they were talking about, but also how it applies to a certain situation or scenario. The types of questions were varied as well. Straight up multiple choice is the majority of the 40 questions i had, but there were also some matching, and "choose all that apply".

Overall i passed and am satisfied, but I was also not expecting the question specificity and the general complexity of the questions. I figured i would add my input here as this is most likely people's first go.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks