+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #1

    Default MTA 98-349, What should I expect?

    I work at a MSP help desk doing all types of end-user support in a Windows 7 environment. I have an Associate's degree in IT as well. I'm going through the Microsoft official study guide for 98-349 and so far it seems pretty easy. Is the test all multiple choice? I'm assuming there aren't many questions?

    I bought made an appointment for next Saturday. My job requires a cert to be able to get promoted (any cert) so I'm just grabbing the easiest one for now before I move on to studying for my CCENT and CCNA.

    I searched the forum and it seems like it's pretty unanimous that this test is easy. I just never like being too cocky. Any other tips to passing this?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    286

    Certifications
    A+, HIT, MTAx6, MS: O365, MSCA: O365, MCSA: Win 7, MCITP: Win 7 EA, MCITP: Win 7 EDS, MCTS: 70-681, MS: Server Virtualization HyperV, BAAP
    #2
    I definitely overstudied as well.. it REALLY is that easy..

    I will send you a PM with the resources I used..

    -scott
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SweenMachine View Post
    I definitely overstudied as well.. it REALLY is that easy..

    I will send you a PM with the resources I used..

    -scott
    I also work at a helpdesk in the Netherlands. And I'm going to take de 98-349 exam. Can you help me plz with the resources you used. Thanks in advanced.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Junior Member bohdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    ECDL Extra, MOS Outlook, MTA 98-349
    #4
    I used the official WILEY textbook which came with gmetrix practice tests, spent a week doing an hour or so reading a night and did about 7/8 practice tests. I passed a week after my textbook arrived with a score of 80, passing score was 70.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #5
    In one of the Microsoft practice tests, here was one of the questions. Are they honestly this silly?



    What can Lori do to provide immediate weather forecasts?
    a.
    Place each workstation strategically by a window so
    users can simply look out the window to see what
    the weather is like.
    b.
    Print out the forecast every day and place it in each employee’s in-basket.
    c.
    Add to each user’s computer display a Weather gadget configured for his
    or her ZIP code and in large view, which will display a three-day forecast
    Last edited by markulous; 03-27-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    286

    Certifications
    A+, HIT, MTAx6, MS: O365, MSCA: O365, MCSA: Win 7, MCITP: Win 7 EA, MCITP: Win 7 EDS, MCTS: 70-681, MS: Server Virtualization HyperV, BAAP
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by markulous View Post
    In one of the Microsoft practice tests, here was one of the questions. Are they honestly this silly?



    What can Lori do to provide immediate weather forecasts?
    a.
    Place each workstation strategically by a window so
    users can simply look out the window to see what
    the weather is like.
    b.
    Print out the forecast every day and place it in each employee’s in-basket.
    c.
    Add to each user’s computer display a Weather gadget configured for his
    or her ZIP code and in large view, which will display a three-day forecast
    No they aren't that silly, because that is the Certiport test aimed at students... The key to using the info from those are the answer page, which has the explanation and then gives you key points...

    The questions are also equally silly; just more professional sounding.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SweenMachine View Post
    No they aren't that silly, because that is the Certiport test aimed at students... The key to using the info from those are the answer page, which has the explanation and then gives you key points...

    The questions are also equally silly; just more professional sounding.
    Ah gotcha. I will go over those key points. And I'm assuming in the actual Certiport study guide that those "Certification Ready" points on the left hand side are important also?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    286

    Certifications
    A+, HIT, MTAx6, MS: O365, MSCA: O365, MCSA: Win 7, MCITP: Win 7 EA, MCITP: Win 7 EDS, MCTS: 70-681, MS: Server Virtualization HyperV, BAAP
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by markulous View Post
    Ah gotcha. I will go over those key points. And I'm assuming in the actual Certiport study guide that those "Certification Ready" points on the left hand side are important also?
    Yeah.. it is a pretty easy test. If you have the MS Press book, it has a code for free gmetrix tests which are very very similar. If you need the code I can get it out of my book, its a generic code that anyone can use.

    -scott
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SweenMachine View Post
    Yeah.. it is a pretty easy test. If you have the MS Press book, it has a code for free gmetrix tests which are very very similar. If you need the code I can get it out of my book, its a generic code that anyone can use.

    -scott
    That would be awesome! Thanks. That would help me a ton.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10
    #10
    Hey, if you could post the resources you used to study on the thread would be awesome. I'm in the process of studying for my 98-366, N10-005 and 98-349. I need all the study help I can get at this moment cause my instructor is making me take these exams tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    10
    #11
    I just took the vendor exam and got a 64%
    SO FRUSTRATING THAT I WAS 3 QUESTIONS AWAY. At least my instructor is letting me take it again Saturday after I take the Network + exam and the Networking fundamentals exam. So much studying
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #12
    Well, I was supposed to take it last Saturday, but somehow there was some type of "glitch" and the voucher wasn't ready. So I go in tomorrow. As long as the questions aren't just completely out in left field and are relevant to my study material, I don't see myself failing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #13
    I passed. Got an 86.

    There were a couple questions I didn't expect.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member kMastaFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    904

    Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, DECA-ISM v2, MCP, MTAx2 , CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH
    #14
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4

    Certifications
    A+, N+
    #15
    Congratz!! I am going to take this exam pretty soon too, any advice on the exam? Pls PM me if you have some material that can help me too! thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member kMastaFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    904

    Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, DECA-ISM v2, MCP, MTAx2 , CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH
    #16
    I can't wait until the summer!! I tackle on my CCNA all summer long!!! Once you pass your Network+, your MTA Networking Fundamentals will be a breeze! Don't give up whatever you do!
    Last edited by kMastaFlash; 04-08-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ireland/UK
    Posts
    1

    Certifications
    ITIL
    #17
    just passed as well

    Some of the questions were worded strangely and some really caught me off guard... passed though
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jakki View Post
    Congratz!! I am going to take this exam pretty soon too, any advice on the exam? Pls PM me if you have some material that can help me too! thanks
    I used the Wiley study guide and then did the tests that it referred me to on gmetrix. That gives you a good idea of what the test is about. I would make sure you have some hands-on experience too, so follow the study guide on the computer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Member missjanaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    MidWest
    Posts
    55

    Certifications
    Associate of Applied Business in Information Technology, Comptia Strata IT, MTA Infrastructure
    #19
    Wow this exam sounds easy I may do this next any helpful materials would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1
    #20
    Hi everyone

    I'm scheduled to take this exam tomorrow. I've taken the gmetrix tests numerous times and passed without issue. How close is the actual exam to the gmetrix tests?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    286

    Certifications
    A+, HIT, MTAx6, MS: O365, MSCA: O365, MCSA: Win 7, MCITP: Win 7 EA, MCITP: Win 7 EDS, MCTS: 70-681, MS: Server Virtualization HyperV, BAAP
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by farfrmnormal View Post
    Hi everyone

    I'm scheduled to take this exam tomorrow. I've taken the gmetrix tests numerous times and passed without issue. How close is the actual exam to the gmetrix tests?
    Close enough-- you'll be fine. Easy exam...


    -scott
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SweenMachine View Post
    Yeah.. it is a pretty easy test. If you have the MS Press book, it has a code for free gmetrix tests which are very very similar. If you need the code I can get it out of my book, its a generic code that anyone can use.

    -scott

    I have been studying for the test. I didn't do the gmetrix test before. Could you please provide me code i am trying to find out if i am well prepared for the test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks