+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298. MCSE 2003! 70-620

Default 2nd time lucky! Passed

Thanks for all the help guys (you know who you are) for the tips and advice towards this exam. I passed today with a nice 768. I even spotted 2 questions in the review after that I had clearly got wrong that I should of had really but all in all i'm well happy with my score, it's a tough exam to congrats to everyone else who has worked hard to get this one. To me, this was harder than 291 and it seems by the subjects that it will be the hardest exam on the MCSE..for me anyway.

I'll be honest and say that for my first exam, even though I only failed by a few marks, i'm glad MS failed me on it as it really did make me go back and re-revise all my weak areas and really boost my overall knowledge of this exam so that I deserved to pass rather than scrape through.

My references were the official MS book and watching the good old CBT Nuggets that helps you visualize what is actually going on. I also used some Virtual Servers to test policies and CA.

I got 5 sims in this exam! I thought you got between 1 and 3? Anyway, on to 294!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Ran out of room :(
    Congratulations! I hope to be able to join you around the middle of October.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    Congrats!

Good luck with your 294 studies...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    welcome to the 294 club. CONGRATS!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, A+, Network +, CCENT,Bachelors of Science in Business Information System, ITILF
    good job and good luck on 294
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    Congratulations! The more sims the merrier I say. I love the sims, they are usually free points. The only time I don't like them is when the objective isn't clear.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIA, JNCDA, CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, A+, N+, L+, MST:InfoSec, CNSS 4011-4015
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298. MCSE 2003! 70-620
    Quote Originally Posted by undomiel
    Congratulations! The more sims the merrier I say. I love the sims, they are usually free points. The only time I don't like them is when the objective isn't clear.
    True, but when they word them so sneakily like this they aren't much fun. I can't go into detail for obvious reasons, but it really made you think and read every last single key word in disabling some features.

Cheers for replies. I was actually thinking that because i've got experience with AD, that this 294 would be a breeze but after digging into the book, it seems very hard at first. I had great experience with single domain AD but haven't had the need in the past for multiple domains/forest setups as we've always used a lan-to-lan setup using IPSec mostly with Vigor routers which do the job nicely providing each client has a static IP. I'm also quite weak with GPOs when they start getting complex inheriting etc. so plenty of learning with this exam.

What are other peoples thoughts on this exam? Is there another exam that can be used in place of this that is any easier?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ran out of room :(
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2nut
    Is there another exam that can be used in place of this that is any easier?
    Nope, this is one of the core exams. Sorry.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    Yeah look out for the 294, it's a sleeping beasty, not a loud roaring one like the 291. Sometimes the sleeping ones are the scarier ones.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,S+,MCSA:S & MCSE:S 2k3,MCITP:SA/EA, CCNA:Security/RS/DC,CCNP DC, CCIE RS 51060

Default Re: 2nd time lucky! Passed

Quote Originally Posted by mr2nut
    I got 5 sims in this exam! I thought you got between 1 and 3? Anyway, on to 294!

congrats!! I feel the same way. Whenever I have a test I always get every sim they have in their arsenal.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    Congrats man, woah 5 sims never seen that before!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks