+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 293 Simulations

1. Junior Member

Default 293 Simulations

I'm curious to hear about people's experiences with the simulations on 293. Are there generally a lot of simulations? Do they tend to focus on some areas vs. others? I know you guys can't give me specific examples, but any generalized comments would be really helpful.

I'm taking the test tomorrow and am starting to worry a bit about how much detail the sims might go into. I'm a little tempted to postpone the exam, but I figure I have the second shot if necessary.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    There aren't that many sims and if you have labbed out some of the basic topics of the 293 then you should be able to do the labs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ran out of room :(
    I didn't think there would be that many sims either, but this past Saturday, I had more than 5 but less than 10 sims.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    Quote Originally Posted by meadIT
    I didn't think there would be that many sims either, but this past Saturday, I had more than 5 but less than 10 sims.
    on the 293? I haven't heard of more than 5 on any exam on the MCSE track.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ran out of room :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishra
    Quote Originally Posted by meadIT
    on the 293? I haven't heard of more than 5 on any exam on the MCSE track.
    Yeah, it surprised me too. That may be one of the reasons I only had 30 minutes left after going through all the questions the first time. Usually I have at least 75-90 minutes left.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    I'm jealous! I love the simulations. I wish Microsoft had the exams be almost totally hands on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by undomiel
    I'm jealous! I love the simulations. I wish Microsoft had the exams be almost totally hands on.
    They're moving in that direction. Astorrs took a beta a few months ago. I'm sure there will still be regular Q&A to test your knowledge of the theory, but it looks like they'll get much more hands-on over the coming years. Also, I believe you'll be working on VMs on Microsoft's end, not just simulations at the testing center.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks