+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCA(PS4 & XA5), MCP, MCSA (2003), MCSE (2003), MCTS (2008)

Default 291 to 293 Differences

I am fresh off a pass on the 70-291 and ready to peruse my MCSE. Everyone seems to suggest immediately going on to the 293 as the material on the 293 is similar to the 291. I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on this. At work I deal with some of the material the 291 covers every day, but things like RRAS, VPN, and IPSec I never touch, so what I've recently learned will fade away if I don't keep on it.

I spent about a month studying for the 291 and if the 293 is similar I plan on roughly the same timeline. Does the 293 just go deeper into some of the material on the 291? What is the format like? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Same type of format. It's basically just more of the same with clustering, NLB, and PKI.

You can see a detailed comparison here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ms/70-291.mspx
    Preparation Guide for Exam 70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCA(PS4 & XA5), MCP, MCSA (2003), MCSE (2003), MCTS (2008)
    Good to know the format won't change on me. Yeah, I read those links prior to posting, just was looking for a more informal explanation on the difference, thanks. I do a lot with clustering in 2k3 in our environment, NLB and PKI not so much though. I did recently have a battle royal with NLB in 2k8 in our SharePoint environment though. Time to get to studying I guess.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks