+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Syngress Book

1. Senior Member Johnny Johnson's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCSE 2003, MCTS (70-680, 70-648, 70-646), MCSA 2008

Default Syngress Book

I just ordered the 70-293 Syngress book from Amazon, after reading all of the positive feedback on it from Techexams (especially from Dynamik). I am currently studying the MS-Press book, and from the things I've read, it's severely lacking in areas compared to the Syngress book. I would like to take the exam by the end of August. I noticed that the Syngress book has 800 pages! What's the best way to study the book? Are there certain areas/chapters I can concentrate on, or will I need to read the entire book?

I wish I would have bought the Syngress book when I started studying for this exam. I only have a few more chapters to go in the MS-Press book and still don't feel comfortable with the material.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, MCSA, MCTS (620/642/680), MCDST, MCITP: EDST7
    I've been thinking about ordering that book too. I have the MS-Press book, but it does seem lacking.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    I read both the MS Press and Syngress and no question the MS Press book sucks for this exam. Syngress was way better. Pay attention to the RRAS/IAS, Ipsec, PKI and clustering/NLB stuff. Good luck, this was a wicked hard exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:M ; MCSE ; CCNA; MCITP : EA ; MCTS; MCSA 2008; ITIL v3
    I think more things u read, more confortable u will be, but on the other hand,i think if u have done good the 70-291, u have almost done this exam. i will schedule it for september maybe(the test-center closer to me will close next week till august), and doin grate with ms-book and testout only.
    Sybex and Syngress for me, can help if something is not so clear in ur mind, so u check-out from those book.
    And finally do lots of question test (this will be the best medicine)
    this is my point of view, my type of study....
    otherwise u will be crazy if all the exams u study sybex ,syngress, and other book!!!
    Good luck Jhonny
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks