+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member Johnny Johnson's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCSE 2003, MCTS (70-680, 70-648, 70-646), MCSA 2008

Default Exam Simulations

For those who have already taken the exam, and without violating the NDA of course, what topics did some of the simulations cover? For some reason I have yet to encounter a simulation on the practice exams I'm taking, only drag and drops.

Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    I would practice with GPOs, setting up security
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Artist's impression mikedisd2's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, Dipl.IT, 70-620, 70-647
    I just joined the 293 forum and up until now it's been referred as the mini-beast and a quasi-duplicate of 291.
    Now I'm here everyone says it's harder than a coffin's nail. Kinda disconcerting.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    I found the 291 and 293 to be equally difficult in different ways.
    The 291 is broad, covering a lot of topics, and I think it focuses more on the managing and maintaining part.
    the 293 is I think more detailed in setting up the domain specifics like network topology, deciding what network connection/speed you might need. 293 goes into some security areas, but if you have taken security+ and the 299, its not that hard. I think with the 293, you need to supplement with other sources, as its lacking in some areas and assumes you are knowledgeable in other areas.
    I have found that actually typing out all the lesson / chapter summaries and reading over them every day..a lot of work...but worth it, typing out the questions and going over them daily will help A LOT. Hands-on with the 291 and 293 are essential. Unless you have been doing this for years, everyday, it can be hard to wrap your mind around it.
    I am fortunate to have a lab at work, where I can set up servers and practice setting up domains, ous, sites, GPO, CA, DNS, DHCP, RRAS, etc. I work as a tech and we rarely work directly with the servers, so I am trying to get as much hands-on as I can.
    Hope that helps...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks