+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, MCSE 2003:Security, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA7, Security+, Network+, ITIL V3 Foundations, CCNA, CCNA:Security, ITIL Expert

Default Taking test Friday (looking for tips)

I am biting the bullet and have signed up for this test on Friday. I took 70-291 about a month ago and got 905, so I feel fairly comfortable with most of the topics and data for this test. But I would love any extra tips anyone can add.

I have reviewed all my 291 stuff, but I have also tried to really work on RRAS, DNS, IPSEC, and Cluster/NLB. I've also reviewed GPO stuff and I am still struggling through the CA and PKI stuff, but I will have that covered pretty well by Friday morning. The PKI stuff is just very vague right now, but I'm plugging along.

I read the MS-Press book (not good) and the Syngress book (excellent) and I am using the Ucertify review tests along with Preplogic practice exams.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    You're definitely going to get hit hard with PKI. Be sure you have that down cold. Clustering/NLB is the other major new topic, so I'd spend a little extra time with that as well. Other than that, if you've got a good handle on the 291 topics, you should be in pretty good shape.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Artist's impression mikedisd2's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, Dipl.IT, 70-620, 70-647
    Good luck and let us know how you go.
    A lot of people here say this exam is PKI heavy.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    293 covers much of the same material that 291 does. Hit PKI good and know your GPOs an services associated with cluster, IIS.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks