+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    BSC (Hons) COMPUTING, CCENT, CCNA,70-291, 70-290, 70-270, ITIL V3

Default is this for real?

guys,

i have reading the MS Books for this exam, the first 6 chapters are just repetition from previous exams i took, mainly 70-291. when will this monster start biting already?

what should i lookout for?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    SAS Certified Base Programmer, MCSE, MCSA:S, VCP, Sec+, Project+, Net+, A+, CIW Pro/Database, BS-IT
    There is a lot of carryover from 291 (DNS and RRAS, in particular), but NLB, Clustering, and PKI will be new material.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:R&S
    Quote Originally Posted by tndfr View Post
    guys,

i have reading the MS Books for this exam, the first 6 chapters are just repetition from previous exams i took, mainly 70-291. when will this monster start biting already?

what should i lookout for?
    Yeah I snoozed through the first couple chapters. Wait til you get to clustering though. I swear the first 15 questions on my exam were all about clustering.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Definitely pay attention to clustering. Why and how to set it up. Study up on NLB as well. I found the 293 to be boring until about chapter 6 or 7.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SAS Certified Base Programmer, MCSE, MCSA:S, VCP, Sec+, Project+, Net+, A+, CIW Pro/Database, BS-IT
    I've also heard bad things about the MS Press book for 293. The Syngress book was highly recommended by several people on here back when I was preparing for it.

I ended up using CBT Nuggets and my home lab a lot more than the book, but it's something to keep in mind.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    I believe there is also some IPsec stuff in there if I recall correctly. I thought this exam was much tougher than the 291, so don't be fooled by the amount of carry over material.

I would not bother with the MS Press book for the 293, it's pretty bad. The Syngress book was way better. Unfortunately I failed pretty bad by trying to rely on the MS Press book. I then switched to the Syngress book and passed.

The other and probably most important thing you can do is lab it up as much as possible. I can't stress this enough.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA 2k3 (270/290/291/293), Sec+, Net+, Server+, A+, Cert. in EE
    Yes, there is a lot of overlap from 291. I took it last summer and failed and my second shot ran out. I did use the MS Press book and it was horrible. Usually their books are long but informative.

I will be using the material from here, Syngress, Testout, CBTnuggets, and Transcender. I have used all of those before and they have helped in passing the other exams. You may want to try some of those resources.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks