+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by Technito View Post
    And Devilsbane you need to hurry and get Security+ over and get back to your MCSE track .
    Do I have to come back??? I'm very much enjoying the ease of CompTIA questions. I got my 70-298 book in the email. It's 700 pages! Not looking forward to reading that one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    CISSP, MCITP:EA, Security+, VCA-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Do I have to come back??? I'm very much enjoying the ease of CompTIA questions. I got my 70-298 book in the email. It's 700 pages! Not looking forward to reading that one.
    That's how I felt after I finished the S+ and got into the 290 material. My head almost exploded by the amount of stuff that I was learning.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    I got my 70-298 book in the email. It's 700 pages!
    Thats right, I have invented a new technology and I can receive physical objects through email. Aren't you jealous?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCSA 2003: Security, MCSE 2003: Security, CVE 5.0

Lol, yeah I know what you mean. It's pure discipline reading and labbing all this material. But as we know, it will pay off. And yeah that's why I'm gonna take a short break before starting 294 and do Network+ mean while. You gotta love CompTIA with the ease of the one liner questions They're fun and will definitely give me a break from all the hours I put into 293
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Virtually Certifiable tbgree00's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, ITIL, MCSE, MCSA 03/12,MCITP:EA, EST, EDA7, EA, CCENT
    You all are wimps with your Comptia break. Force through the MCSE in 6 months and end up bitter and resentful of Microsoft like I am doing!
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tbgree00 View Post
    You all are wimps with your Comptia break. Force through the MCSE in 6 months and end up bitter and resentful of Microsoft like I am doing!
    I actually will probably be back to in about a week. I don't think I should need more than a week for Net+. So while you enjoy your week off from studying, I'll be getting Net+ done (Now who's the slacker ). Then I'll be starting 294 the same time you are. But I'm only giving myself 3 weeks for this exam, knowing that I feel comfortable with the material. But after that we'll kinda go seperate ways because I have all the study material for 297, so it makes sense for me to go that route. I see you are doing 298. I hear most say 298 is easier, I really should be doing that one
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    294 is a pretty nasty test. I took a class that worked right out of the press book, and it was pretty nasty. That was also prior me gaining the 70-290, and 70-291 credentials. So maybe it will be a littler easier the second time it comes around since I have a lot more backing information.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    294 is a pretty nasty test. I took a class that worked right out of the press book, and it was pretty nasty. That was also prior me gaining the 70-290, and 70-291 credentials. So maybe it will be a littler easier the second time it comes around since I have a lot more backing information.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I went to a Microsoft Training MCSE course in 2007 and was taught from the MS Press books, and labs etc. So technically this is all review for me and I still have the books, most of network builds and labs from the course. Nobody but one person during the course managed to get higher than a MCP. So once the course was over, most have just given up. I picked back up on this early last year and this time plan to finish.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks