+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics

Default The deed is done

Ok, first of all... That really sucked. I answered 30% of the questions on the first go around. Luckily I did pass, by a decent margain too. 841.

There is lots more work to do. I'll probably keep up with the 293 for the rest of the week just to feel comfortable with everything before moving on. A lot of my answers were educated guesses. Knock off 2 of the answers and go back and forth between the other 2 before I decided which was the better option. The simulations saved me. 10 of those and I know that at least 7 or 8 of them I did right and pretty confident in the others. NLB/Clustering really hurt, I suspect because I never created clusters in my lab and was 100% going off the Nuggets and some reading. I also got tripped up with some of the compatibility issues of older operating systems, but I think my educated guessing paid off in that area.

Relieved that this is behind me and I can forget about the test, but I will spend some more time reviewing and move onto the 294 next week.
    Last edited by Devilsbane; 10-25-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    Congrats!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Congrats on the good score!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Dude, you had me worried with your doom and gloom! Good work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP: EA, C|EH, CHFI, EDRP, G2700, A+, Network +, Project+, Security+, plus some CIW certs.
    Good job!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE: Security, VCP (v4 and v5), GPEN, MCSA, CCNA
    Congrats man and a very nice score at that. I had a second round with the 294 today and slipped by.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE:S 2003
    Great job! On to the next one!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+, Healthcare IT Technician, MCDST, MCSE 2003, CCNA
    Very nicely done!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA 2k3 (270/290/291/293), Sec+, Net+, Server+, A+, Cert. in EE
    Congrats on the pass! See you in the 294 section. Just wondering, on the NLB/Clustering, you said you didn't lad those. Was that due to needing multiple Nic cards on VM's with a laptop?

I ran into that problem until I found an old pcmcia card that was sitting on the shelf here at work. Once it was installed, I got it set right and clustering worked like a champ.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    I suppose I don't really have any excuse for not labbing it. I don't have any boxes, but I could have set it up in VMware. I just felt it was going to take more time to set up and test than I would get out of it. (I did set up a basic 2 node NLB cluster about 6 months ago, but I never examined it). I chose to focus my time and energy elsewhere.

It was something that I intended to get to, but like I said in another post, this last week has been crazy and there are a lot of things that I didn't get to that I wanted to. One of the reasons I am not quite giving up on the topic, even though I have the piece of paper.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE x10... and many more
    Congrats! What is your plan for design and your elective once you complete 294?
    70-346 [ ] 70-347 [ ] 70-533 [ ] 70-743 [ ]
    2017 Goals: MCSA Office 365 and MCSE Cloud Platform and MCSA 2016
    2016 Attained: MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSE Messaging, MCSE Communications, and MCSE Productivity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by powerfool View Post
    Congrats! What is your plan for design and your elective once you complete 294?
    298, I'm going for the security specialty. So it looks like I'm going to be shooting for 294 near the end of November, and get the 298 in by the end of the year so that I can complete the 299 in like the first week of 2011.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Good job! 841 is not a bad score at all, and as they say a pass is a pass. I'll be taking 293 in about a month so I'll be sure to lab MSCS and NLB scenarios.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    NLB/Clustering really hurt
    Id take that over RRAS anyday.

Good job on the pass, good score too. I was shooting for the end of the month but I havent studied in about a week. Are you trying to get 294 and 298 done by the end of the year?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeneous View Post
    Id take that over RRAS anyday.

Good job on the pass, good score too. I was shooting for the end of the month but I havent studied in about a week. Are you trying to get 294 and 298 done by the end of the year?
    The 291 nuggets had 4 or 5 nuggets devoted to RRAS. The 293 nuggets had 2, if that gives you an idea of how much RRAS is stressed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE+M, MCSE+S, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCSA:2008, MCSA:2012
    Huge congrats dude!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks