+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    PMP

Default Passed the PMP exam!

I wrote and passed my PMP exam today. I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief now lol. Prepared for it by studying like crazy for 3 weeks straight (booked my exam in at the beginning of this month) utilizing primarily 3 sources - PMBOK Guide, Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep (8th Edition) and CBT Nuggets - Project Management Professional (PMP) 2016 video series.

I would have to say Rita's book was the most useful of the 3. It contained a lot of helpful tips that I directly applied in my own exam. The practice questions at the end of each chapter were particularly helpful because they were at a similar knowledge level as the questions in the actual exam (IMO) and they were also all phrased in the same way as the real test. Contrarily, CBT Nuggets was pretty useless (for me). It didn't contain anything that I didn't already know and on top of that I spotted at least a few blatant mistakes - e.g when discussing the Tuckman ladder model the video instructor lists the sequence of stages as Forming/Norming/Storming/Performing/Adjourning when in fact it's Forming/STORMING/Norming/...etc.. If someone didn't already know this they might take the info as being correct when it's not.

I also want to mention that I discovered this forum just a week ago but have found the shared experiences posted by members to have been beneficial in my own preparation leading up to the exam. So I would like to say thanks to all those who have shared their experiences and offered helpful advice.

Getting this credential has given me the confidence to think about pursuing other certifications as well. This is just the beginning!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Congrats on the pass and great writeup! I definitely need to make time for this sometime this year.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    Congratulations.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    Congrats
    Hope to join you on that cert list sometime hopefully this year
    Completed in 2017: MBA: Information Technology Management (WGU)
    Currently Working On: PMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Congratulation rollingwave ! well done
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MBA, BSIT, PMP, CISSP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA, CCDA, CCENT, NET+, SEC+
    Congrats!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, CCNA R&S/Sec, VCP5-DCV, MCSA 2012, ITIL Foundation, A+, N+, S+, MCP/MCTS-W7
    Congrats!
    Up next: MCSE (70-534), CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CRISC, ITIL-F 2011
    Congrats!
    2015 Goals: CISSP [X], 2016 Goals: CISM [X], 2017 Goals: CRISC [X]
    2018 Goals: eCPPT [ ]
    Five Year Goals: CSXP, OSCP, GPEN, eWPT
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security" - Benjamin Franklin
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GPEN, CEHv7, Sec+, ITILv3
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP,CISA, MBA-MIS, Six Sigma (WhiteBelt), MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WFM, IBM DB2 Administrator, IBM Filenet Administrator
    Congratulations. I too registered for the exam for November.
    PMP: Loading . . .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    MBA in IT Management through WGU 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rollingwave View Post
    I wrote and passed my PMP exam today. I guess I can breathe a sigh of relief now lol. Prepared for it by studying like crazy for 3 weeks straight (booked my exam in at the beginning of this month) utilizing primarily 3 sources - PMBOK Guide, Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep (8th Edition) and CBT Nuggets - Project Management Professional (PMP) 2016 video series.

I would have to say Rita's book was the most useful of the 3. It contained a lot of helpful tips that I directly applied in my own exam. The practice questions at the end of each chapter were particularly helpful because they were at a similar knowledge level as the questions in the actual exam (IMO) and they were also all phrased in the same way as the real test. Contrarily, CBT Nuggets was pretty useless (for me). It didn't contain anything that I didn't already know and on top of that I spotted at least a few blatant mistakes - e.g when discussing the Tuckman ladder model the video instructor lists the sequence of stages as Forming/Norming/Storming/Performing/Adjourning when in fact it's Forming/STORMING/Norming/...etc.. If someone didn't already know this they might take the info as being correct when it's not.

I also want to mention that I discovered this forum just a week ago but have found the shared experiences posted by members to have been beneficial in my own preparation leading up to the exam. So I would like to say thanks to all those who have shared their experiences and offered helpful advice.

Getting this credential has given me the confidence to think about pursuing other certifications as well. This is just the beginning!

Congratulations! How was the application process? I'm prior military... trying to figure out how my role/job in the service would translate to PM hours.... hmmm LOL

Congrats again
    Hatch
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    Security+, Associate of Arts in Information Systems, Bachelors of Science in Information Systems (Cybersecurity Management) December 2017
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks