+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    135
    #1

    Default PMP Exam Simulator Prep

    Dear all

    Have heard that if one prepares with the above source - its suffice to pass the PMP exam (naturally if you have experience, understand concepts etc).

    Has anyone actually done this - used just the PMP exam simulator to pass? rather than go through a training provider/PMBOK etc.

    Best wishes and thanks in advance
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    #2
    You will definitely need to read the pmbok or a form of it , such as rita's and understand the concepts before you begin utilizing the exam simulator. Unless you already know all of the ITTOs/Process Groups/Knowledge areas and all processes and how they work with one another.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    135
    #3
    Many thanks for the response. Is the eighth edition book still the one to use? Have heard exam is being updated first quarter next year.

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    403

    Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    #4
    Eigth edition for RMC prep guide
    Fifth edition for PMBOK until 3/26/18 after which the exam will be based on version 6
    Currently Working On: PMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    135
    #5
    Thanks - will the eight edition of Rita's book be relevant after 26 Mar? Or is there a new one in the pipeline?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    403

    Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by scasc View Post
    Thanks - will the eight edition of Rita's book be relevant after 26 Mar? Or is there a new one in the pipeline?
    eighth edition is for exams after January 2016. I'd assume there will be another book released for the new version of the PMBOK that was released earlier this summer but I have not noticed it since I'm studying the current version of the RMC guide and PMBOK v5
    Currently Working On: PMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    299

    Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by scasc View Post
    Dear all

    Have heard that if one prepares with the above source - its suffice to pass the PMP exam (naturally if you have experience, understand concepts etc).

    Has anyone actually done this - used just the PMP exam simulator to pass? rather than go through a training provider/PMBOK etc.

    Best wishes and thanks in advance
    The exam simulator I used was harder than the actual test and includes everything you need to pass the PMP. You don't need to read the PMBOK.

    Pass your PMP Exam!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    135
    #8
    Thanks mate - will check this out. Did you pass first time?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    299

    Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by scasc View Post
    Thanks mate - will check this out. Did you pass first time?
    Yes I did.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    57
    #10
    How about scheduling PMP exam? I want to try to do it before new format v 6 becomes effective.
    I want to take a break in Jan and plan to study and book pmp exam in Feb 2018. How much in advance one has to register or book pmp exam? is there an exam window like in case of isaca exams or can it be booked any time? in other words am I safe in assuming that I can study, book and attempt the exam in 45 days starting from Feb 1?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    299

    Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguaar View Post
    How about scheduling PMP exam? I want to try to do it before new format v 6 becomes effective.
    I want to take a break in Jan and plan to study and book pmp exam in Feb 2018. How much in advance one has to register or book pmp exam? is there an exam window like in case of isaca exams or can it be booked any time? in other words am I safe in assuming that I can study, book and attempt the exam in 45 days starting from Feb 1?
    You need to get approval to attempt the exam, then you can schedule.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    11

    Certifications
    CISM, PMP
    #12
    My experience with the PM Exam Simulator vs the Actual Exam:

    Software

    1. Positive - The software itself had the same feel as the Actual Exam. Meaning, you'll be pretty comfortable navigating the Actual Exam, because they look relatively similar.

    2. Negative - The software does not have a highlight/cross-out feature you'll have on the Actual Exam. For example, you cannot highlight key words in the question or cross-off answers when trying to eliminate choices. This wasn't a huge issue, because of the 15-minute demo the Actual Exam runs through prior to the exam starting. This feature was really easy to pick up and was quiet useful.

    Questions

    1. Positive - The type of questions asked in the simulator were close enough that I don't think there was any point where I was surprised or thrown off. They were very much straight forward like the simulator.

    2. Major Negative - Though the questions in the Simulator database were relatively "spot on", the answers to choose from were not. The Simulator had far too many questions where I felt there was one obvious answer. The Actual Exam wasn't that easy, because many of the questions had two possible answers or in some cases even three possible choices.

    The biggest takeaway I got from the software was to "Decide the answer, don't choose the answer." Think like a decisive leader when taking the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks