+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Default PMP Exam Simulator Prep

Dear all

Have heard that if one prepares with the above source - its suffice to pass the PMP exam (naturally if you have experience, understand concepts etc).

Has anyone actually done this - used just the PMP exam simulator to pass? rather than go through a training provider/PMBOK etc.

Best wishes and thanks in advance
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    You will definitely need to read the pmbok or a form of it , such as rita's and understand the concepts before you begin utilizing the exam simulator. Unless you already know all of the ITTOs/Process Groups/Knowledge areas and all processes and how they work with one another.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Many thanks for the response. Is the eighth edition book still the one to use? Have heard exam is being updated first quarter next year.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    Eigth edition for RMC prep guide
    Fifth edition for PMBOK until 3/26/18 after which the exam will be based on version 6
    Completed in 2017: MBA: Information Technology Management (WGU)
    Currently Working On: PMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Thanks - will the eight edition of Rita's book be relevant after 26 Mar? Or is there a new one in the pipeline?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by scasc View Post
    Thanks - will the eight edition of Rita's book be relevant after 26 Mar? Or is there a new one in the pipeline?
    eighth edition is for exams after January 2016. I'd assume there will be another book released for the new version of the PMBOK that was released earlier this summer but I have not noticed it since I'm studying the current version of the RMC guide and PMBOK v5
    Completed in 2017: MBA: Information Technology Management (WGU)
    Currently Working On: PMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, VCP5-DCV, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL, Qualys
    Dear all

Have heard that if one prepares with the above source - its suffice to pass the PMP exam (naturally if you have experience, understand concepts etc).

Has anyone actually done this - used just the PMP exam simulator to pass? rather than go through a training provider/PMBOK etc.

Best wishes and thanks in advance
    The exam simulator I used was harder than the actual test and includes everything you need to pass the PMP. You don't need to read the PMBOK.

Pass your PMP Exam!
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    Thanks mate - will check this out. Did you pass first time?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thanks mate - will check this out. Did you pass first time?
    Yes I did.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member
    How about scheduling PMP exam? I want to try to do it before new format v 6 becomes effective.
    I want to take a break in Jan and plan to study and book pmp exam in Feb 2018. How much in advance one has to register or book pmp exam? is there an exam window like in case of isaca exams or can it be booked any time? in other words am I safe in assuming that I can study, book and attempt the exam in 45 days starting from Feb 1?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguaar View Post
    How about scheduling PMP exam? I want to try to do it before new format v 6 becomes effective.
    I want to take a break in Jan and plan to study and book pmp exam in Feb 2018. How much in advance one has to register or book pmp exam? is there an exam window like in case of isaca exams or can it be booked any time? in other words am I safe in assuming that I can study, book and attempt the exam in 45 days starting from Feb 1?
    You need to get approval to attempt the exam, then you can schedule.

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks