+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP,CISA, MBA-MIS, Six Sigma (WhiteBelt), MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WFM, IBM DB2 Administrator, IBM Filenet Administrator

Default PMP on Nov 30th. Nervous as Hell!

Hello guys,

I have scheduled my PMP for Nov 30th. Nervous as hell. Any last minute suggestions?
    PMP: Loading . . .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    You've got time, skim through the PMBOK again and then get your hands on as much Q&A as possible
    Completed in 2017: MBA: Information Technology Management (WGU)
    Currently Working On: PMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, PMP, CCNA
    You'll do well if you know all the processes. Once your time starts for the exam I would write out all the processes the way it appears in a chart. Also what really helped was writing out the question number and options:

1. A
    B
    C
    D
    E

It'll help alleviate splitting your mind with trying to go through the answers and trying to remember which ones you think aren't the answer (cross out the letter corresponding to the "wrong" answer). You don't have to do it with all of the questions, maybe the wordy longer ones or any with options that appear very similar. Just a tip that helped me greatly. Also, take a moment to close your eyes and breathe if you feel overwhelmed. Then get back to it!
    Last edited by dizzy_kitty; 11-16-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS IS, CISM, CRISC, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, VCP5-DCV, EMCISA, COBIT 5, ITIL, Qualys
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProfezzor View Post
    Hello guys,

I have scheduled my PMP for Nov 30th. Nervous as hell. Any last minute suggestions?
    I used the PMP Exam Simulator. https://www.project-management-prepc...-pmp-simulator
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, PMP, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by datacomboss View Post
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but quick question. How does ACP compare to PMP? My position at work revolves around agile and I'm taking a graduate course that is aimed to take the exam but I still don't know if thats enough...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy_kitty View Post
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but quick question. How does ACP compare to PMP? My position at work revolves around agile and I'm taking a graduate course that is aimed to take the exam but I still don't know if thats enough...
    I found it to be easier than the PMP being that it is only 120 questions and there aren't a bunch of ITTOs.

I used the RMC PMI-ACP Exam Prep system which more than prepared me for the exam.
    PMI-ACP Exam Prep System, Second Edition
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP,CISA, MBA-MIS, Six Sigma (WhiteBelt), MCITP, MCSA, MCTS, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WFM, IBM DB2 Administrator, IBM Filenet Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy_kitty View Post
    You'll do well if you know all the processes. Once your time starts for the exam I would write out all the processes the way it appears in a chart. Also what really helped was writing out the question number and options:

1. A
    B
    C
    D
    E

It'll help alleviate splitting your mind with trying to go through the answers and trying to remember which ones you think aren't the answer (cross out the letter corresponding to the "wrong" answer). You don't have to do it with all of the questions, maybe the wordy longer ones or any with options that appear very similar. Just a tip that helped me greatly. Also, take a moment to close your eyes and breathe if you feel overwhelmed. Then get back to it!
    I don't think they allow you to dump data as soon as the exam begins. They used to do it but aren't doing anymore.
    PMP: Loading . . .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. This site changed my life mzx380's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL, ACA, VCP-DCV, Linux+, CCNA
    Care to give some insight on why you picked this simulator as opposed to RMC? Is it available on mobile device?
    Completed in 2017: MBA: Information Technology Management (WGU)
    Currently Working On: PMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, PMP, CCNA
    I don't think they allow you to dump data as soon as the exam begins. They used to do it but aren't doing anymore.
    I took my PMP exam in May 2017 and was able to. I'm not sure if they've changed that since then. I hope they didn't. It really helped to have a visual of the chart.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, PMP, CCNA
    I found it to be easier than the PMP being that it is only 120 questions and there aren't a bunch of ITTOs.

I used the RMC PMI-ACP Exam Prep system which more than prepared me for the exam.
    PMI-ACP Exam Prep System, Second Edition

Thanks! That is one of my "textbooks" for my class. I really like it. Very easy to read
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    GWAPT, GSEC, Associate of (ISC)2, C|EH, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Security+, Network+
    Do you get scratch paper? I don't see how it could be enforced that you can't just write whatever you want on the paper.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, PMP, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGuru80 View Post
    Do you get scratch paper? I don't see how it could be enforced that you can't just write whatever you want on the paper.
    I received scratch paper and two pencils without asking for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by mzx380 View Post
    Care to give some insight on why you picked this simulator as opposed to RMC? Is it available on mobile device?
    Based on Edward Chung's review I decided to try it and it was harder than the actual PMP exam IMO.

His site in general is the best PMP/PMI-ACP resource I've seen.
    Last edited by datacomboss; 11-17-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Arthur Ashe

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks