+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Career Student
    Quote Originally Posted by markulous View Post
    No way I go for that unless a job requires it for some reason. Luckily, WGU doesn't require it.

Just putting this info out there for WGU students.

Resources > Library> lynda videos.

1. Type project management in search and choose the project management fundamentals result.
    2. On the project management fundamentals video there should be a course featured in playlists on bottom of video.
    3. Click on subscribe to playlist for learn project management.

ta-dah, a video reference for the course material (does not represent 100% comptia project+ material, but it does help).

image showing what I wrote: http://s28.postimg.org/dkim3tw4t/project.png
    Last edited by mokaiba; 08-18-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    B.S. IT - Sec, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, AWS CSA Associate, CCENT, A+, Net+, Sec+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CIW: WFA, CIW: WDS, MTA: OS, MCP
    I used the Sybex guide to study for it. Was only 300~ pages and is fairly well written. Can definitely be read in only a few sessions. Also, if you want, I made really detailed notes while I was reading through the book. I can send them to you if you think it might help.

And as far as the test itself, memorize all the formulas. Practice just writing them all down on a sheet of paper over and over until it's second nature. Also, know a little bit about what each variable in the formulas mean. Write them down when you first start the exam and those questions are now basically freebies (And there's quite a few of them).

Edit: Just realized how old this post is lol
    Last edited by aderon; 08-22-2014 at 05:51 AM.
    2017 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA (Complete), OSCP (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress)
    2017 Reading Goals: Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide (Completed), Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (In Progress)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, iNet+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA R&S and Sec, CIW Ass., CIW WFA, CIW WDS, CIW DBS
    It's an old thread, but still relevant. I had the same conversation as others with my course mentor at WGU - the ucertify is really out there in terms of questions. I gave her examples of questions with answers that the phrases didn't appear in either textbook, anywhere. It's a terrible preparation tool and for a while there I was really worried about failing this exam.

Now I'm just going to bang my head against the questions until I get the 80+ they want (did it really have to be 100 question? REALLY?) and then use the official book's CD as my study material. Of all the courses I've taken so far, this one is the most overloaded of materials and the least focused on what will actually get you through the exam. Awful
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Quote Originally Posted by markulous View Post
    Thanks! Looks like I will probably go for the CIW: Web Development after this. It looks to be a little more interesting and not very difficult. I see that you have it, is that the case?
    Yeah pretty much it was much more interesting and a much easier exam to pass in my opinion. It's not as definition and vocabulary focused .
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakinggamer87 View Post
    Yeah pretty much it was much more interesting and a much easier exam to pass in my opinion. It's not as definition and vocabulary focused .
    Agreed. It took my about a week of studying for that cert and I passed no problem. Useless cert, but at least it was IT related.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks