+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Default Project + book.... too easy!

I just read the 225 page Project + book I got off Amazon in one night, it was such a quick read it's nutso.

I guess I'll schedule the exam; it was much easier to read than the very technical books like the CCENT/CCNA/MCSA books I've read thus far.

back to the Exam Cram CCENT book...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Server+, CCENT, CSA+, Google Educator, SolarWinds Certified Professional
    Let me know how that goes! I've been checking out Project+ and (personally) it seems like it would be pretty easy once you sat down and looked at it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE (old), SSCP, CCA, Sec+, P+, L+, and N+
    Was it the Sybex book? If it was memorize the formulas and read the book one more time then you should be good for the test.
    Andy

2017 Goals: 1 of 5 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs1976 View Post
    Was it the Sybex book? If it was memorize the formulas and read the book one more time then you should be good for the test.
    yup the Sybex book; I'll definitely re-read it again. I just wanted a different book from 3 months of reading CCENT/CCNA books...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    It's not too bad of a test I just found the material very dry which made it very tough to endure.
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    I'll more than likely take it on my vacation just to knock it off my checklist.
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 07-28-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. in Information Technology, A.A.S. in Electronics and Computer Technology, MCITP 7, MCSA 8.1, A+, P+, N+, S+, and a ton of CIW' s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakinggamer87 View Post
    It's not too bad of a test I just found the material very dry which made it very tough to endure.
    I took my Project+ during my time at WGU, and it was a easy 2-3 week study-test-done. I didn't like the material since it was super dry. I would have rather studied for Server+ or Green IT or something with more meat.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Server+, CCENT, CSA+, Google Educator, SolarWinds Certified Professional
    bub, why dont you go do server+ then? IT seems to be consensus that it's not far from what you already have. Some companies waive their certs for server+ for maintenance techs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, iNet+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA R&S and Sec, CIW Ass., CIW WFA, CIW WDS, CIW DBS
    I think he's saying that as a substitute for the objectives in his course those might have been more appropriate.

I'm gearing up for my next term and looking through courses - this one is worth a whopping 6 credits. I don't know how they work that one out, but I'll take it. Looks like the consensus here is it's reasonably manageable in a few weeks so it will be nice to knock out that amount of credits quickly.

Any other tips from folks who have taken and passed this one?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks