+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed 840

Certifications
    A+, iNet+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA R&S and Sec, CIW Ass., CIW WFA, CIW WDS, CIW DBS

Default Passed 840

Passed today with an 840. Felt like I knew most of the questions, just missed a few things that I had never done well on in the prep (typical CompTIA trick question stuff).

I read through the Joe Phillips book once, but then hammered the Heldman book and used the uCertify available through WGU. The uCertify test bank I felt was very similar to what I actually experienced on the test... Perhaps a bit *too* similar. In order to remember the formulas I added a little to Cold Titanium's suggestion from this forum.

cea
    sep -1 is bad
    TBEBA -1 is good
    EA+E
    VB-E
    A+B-B/C

CV=EV-AC
    SV=EV-PV
    CPI=EV/AC
    SPI=EV/PV
    TCPI=(BAC-EV)/(BAC-AC)
    EAC = AC + ETC
    VAC = BAC - EAC
    ACWP+(BAC-BCWP)/CPI

Good luck to anyone studying this!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!

What's next?
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, iNet+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA R&S and Sec, CIW Ass., CIW WFA, CIW WDS, CIW DBS
    The CIW database cert. I don't expect much trouble with it. In my first round of college I did Oracle University courses and have had a lot of exposure to MySQL developing the help desk ticketing system for the company I work for. Just glad that Project+ is over with. Too dry and too big a waste of study weeks that could have been better spent on actual security-related courses.

Ah well, 6 credits is 6 credits I guess.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Souljacker View Post
    The CIW database cert. I don't expect much trouble with it. In my first round of college I did Oracle University courses and have had a lot of exposure to MySQL developing the help desk ticketing system for the company I work for. Just glad that Project+ is over with. Too dry and too big a waste of study weeks that could have been better spent on actual security-related courses.

Ah well, 6 credits is 6 credits I guess.
    Your not alone I felt the same on Project+ and I'm glad to have finished it. Onto better adventures!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    I have my exam on Monday. Thanks for your post. those formulas are a killer so will help. .

Ive been reading the Heldman, twice now. Might do a third time in time for monday or do you reco doing more practice test?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks