+ Reply to Thread
  1. this is my clone

Certifications
    CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, MCSE, MCTS, ITIL-F, A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, Project+, ACE, CCNA R&S

Default Project+ Best Book?

I'm going to be getting into Project+ for WGU - thus far, I've seen the Sybex book (traditionally, I do not like Sybex books) and the IT Project Management book by Joseph Phillips being two of the highest rated. From what I've seen, the Sybex book is dry but straightforward, whereas the other is more engaging. Can anyone provide any additional insight into either book? Looking to knock this out next. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, VCA-DCV, Linux+/LPIC-1, AWS CSA, AWS Dev, AWS SysOps, Project+ [Expired: Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA]
    I've never liked Sybex books either. I know when I go for the Project+ I'm going to use the Joseph Phillips book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, ITIL v3 Foundations, Security+, Linux+, Cloud+, Server+, Project+, Network+, A+, CSA+, CCENT
    I myself used the Sybex book, it's dry and boring, and uses the lowest quality of trees to produce it's pages, but I read through it in 3 days taking notes as I went, and knocked out the Project+ exam on proctorU an hour afterwards. It's pretty straight forward if you can get yourself through it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. this is my clone

Certifications
    CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, MCSE, MCTS, ITIL-F, A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, Project+, ACE, CCNA R&S
    Fortunately, it looks like WGU has both books available. While I want to get through this class, the subject material is highly relevant to one of the many 'hats' I wear for my job - so I really want to get something out of the class, if there is something to be had. I just hate that the books are in Books24x7 because I can't stand the format and reading that much on a screen for that long. So perhaps the answer is to look at both, pick one, and get the book used.

I'd be interested to hear any differentiation with regards to content - for example, the Joseph Phillips book is almost twice as long as the Sybex - is there a value add here? Or is it just 'fluff' material?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

silicon valley, where we speak that bay area slang

Certifications
    CCNA CCENT ITIL SSCA SSVVP WSQD WSQI Cloud+ Mobility+ Security+ Linux+ Network+ Server+ Project+ A+ HIT LPIC-1 CLA11 ACE ace/PACA SSBBP SSLP CMS SCP
    I used Sybex and material for PMP/CAPM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    A+, N+,S+,P+, CFOT, Pan, Network Pro, MTA MCP, MCSA Server 2012
    I just passed the Project+ today, its not the hardest test in the world, I failed the first time by like 5 points and only 2 weeks of study, spent 2 more weeks studying hard core and passed today. I used Ucertify, its not that great of a tool sybex is worthless.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HIT, MTAx6, MS: O365, MSCA: O365, MCSA: Win 7, MCITP: Win 7 EA, MCITP: Win 7 EDS, MCTS: 70-681, MS: Server Virtualization HyperV, BAAP
    Quote Originally Posted by dbzrfl View Post
    I just passed the Project+ today, its not the hardest test in the world, I failed the first time by like 5 points and only 2 weeks of study, spent 2 more weeks studying hard core and passed today. I used Ucertify, its not that great of a tool sybex is worthless.
    I disagree with you. The Sybex worked fine for me, and it is all I used.

-scott
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks