+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+ : A+ : Security+ : eJPT : Life+

Default project+ 2009 beta question

Hey!!!

I got offered the slot to take this exam but I have to take it within about 15 days.
    I was wondering if anyone else has looked into this and know if the 2003
    objectives will help alot with the 2009 objectives? I've looked at the two objective
    lists but I'm confused while trying to compare the two lists. I would imagine that the
    2003 objectives would be part of the 2009 objectives but I'm just not sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    You most likely received the same email that I did. In the email it is said that the material has not changed that much. So, it leads me to believe that studying for the old exam will most likely give you a pretty good chance on the Beta.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    The email that I got didn't say anything about the material not changing so much.
    Thanks for the input.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    The following is straight from the email I received with my Voucher Code.

There are no updated study materials for this because the exam isn’t out yet. The existing books will help; the exam is not that much changed.
    I hope that helps.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    It does!! Thanks! Good luck on the test. I take mine the 22 of september.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCIA, GCIH, MCP, Net+, Sec+, CCNA, Proj+, A+, CIW, AESA, CCNA:Sec
    I just signed up for it. I didn't know if there was a cut off date or what? It still took all my info, so I guess we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Linux+, Server+,Security+, MCTS:Vista, MCP, MCDST
    Sweeeeeeeeeet, just got my beta voucher today.

I have to test at a pearson VUE center and I have 3 weeks until it expires.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine-Assault View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeeet, just got my beta voucher today.

I have to test at a pearson VUE center and I have 3 weeks until it expires.
    Same here. I'm shooting for taking it on the 23rd, let's hope it's still open by then.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    I just don't like the fact that we have to take it soo soon. I'm like give me a month or something but hey it's free
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesleecoleman View Post
    I just don't like the fact that we have to take it soo soon. I'm like give me a month or something but hey it's free
    it's actually been available as a beta for a few months now as far as I can tell. I did some googling and it looks like folks were signing up for it back in March or April...the initial exam deadline was May 29th but it's (obviously) been extended out pretty far. Guess they were having trouble getting 400 people to take it??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    B.S. Tech Management, Network+, Server+, 70-680, 70-620, JNCIA-Junos
    Quote Originally Posted by skrpune View Post
    it's actually been available as a beta for a few months now as far as I can tell. I did some googling and it looks like folks were signing up for it back in March or April...the initial exam deadline was May 29th but it's (obviously) been extended out pretty far. Guess they were having trouble getting 400 people to take it??
    That seems to be a problem for CompTIA lately. With beta's for Server+, Linux+ and now Project+ having a hard time reaching 400 people.

I got my foot in the door well after the "deadline" on the Linux+ like many others and ended up with a voucher. I've taken project management courses and eventually had plans to attain the PMP, so this one is tempting. I really do dislike learning about these beta's though... they really do throw a wrench in my regular studies since I simply cannot turn down a free exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I'm taking it on Sept 25th. I can't pass up a free test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    I've taken project management courses and eventually had plans to attain the PMP, so this one is tempting.
    If you've had PM courses then you should have no problem with this exam. Just remember the basics:

- Minimize costs.
    - Minimize inter-personnel conflicts.
    - Document.
    - Communicate.

There are probably enough points related to the above on the exam to get a passing score. Questions on word definitions and project flow should be easy enough just by being exposed to the PM way in the past.

I say just go for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    That seems to be a problem for CompTIA lately. With beta's for Server+, Linux+ and now Project+ having a hard time reaching 400 people.

I got my foot in the door well after the "deadline" on the Linux+ like many others and ended up with a voucher. I've taken project management courses and eventually had plans to attain the PMP, so this one is tempting. I really do dislike learning about these beta's though... they really do throw a wrench in my regular studies since I simply cannot turn down a free exam
    well, CompTIA just seems to be having problems period as of late! They're just having a rough time of things right now, and I'm hoping it gets better for them soon (part of it is purely selfish-I wanna make sure that I actually get the results of my Server+ beta and that my previous records don't get lost). I do wonder what their logic/strategy is for the betas - do they think that they'll get too many participants who may not be a good target audience for the exam, thus slightly skewing results/scoring? I can see this being their line of thinking, but if they keep these things too quiet then it takes way too long to get enough people to gather the data they need.

And I hear you on how tempting betas can be...I rerouted my studies two times so far in the last couple months and now this will be reroute number three. The prospect of getting additional credentials to add to the ol' resume for free can just be too hard to say no to. (Although I didn't have much trouble saying no to the Linux+ exam, I am beyond clueless with that stuff!)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    I didnt know this was available. I just tried to sign up, as this cert will be a requirement when i start WGU and it would be great to have it out of the way (for free).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Me View Post
    I didnt know this was available. I just tried to sign up, as this cert will be a requirement when i start WGU and it would be great to have it out of the way (for free).
    Yea I know what you mean. I need this to test out of a class
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have a slow week so I signed up for this and just received the voucher.

I'm going to take it cold, probably by Friday this week. I will let you all know my thoughts and perhaps what would be the best study material.

MS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    Beer+
    I too got a voucher, and signed up for friday. I'll probably also take it cold. I also have very little experience in project management but CompTIA tests usually arent very challenging so I'll just try to wing it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by eMeS View Post
    I have a slow week so I signed up for this and just received the voucher.

I'm going to take it cold, probably by Friday this week. I will let you all know my thoughts and perhaps what would be the best study material.

MS
    well crap, you're going to blow the scoring curve for the rest of us!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member
    You'd think they'd just automatically give you the Project+ if you had a PMP*

*For the exam price...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    well crap, you're going to blow the scoring curve for the rest of us!
    Probably not...I have no idea what they really ask about on Project+....

MS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kimanyd View Post
    You'd think they'd just automatically give you the Project+ if you had a PMP*

*For the exam price...
    That's supposed to say "PiMP" in my signature line...

MS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    That's supposed to say "PiMP" in my signature line...

MS
    Baller.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Probably not...I have no idea what they really ask about on Project+....

MS
    somethings tells me you'll do just dandy on it. I'm not too terribly far into my studies (just 2/10 chapters done so far ), but it looks like it's largely based on the PMBOK. So the concepts and definitions and theories will likely be mostly the same.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    somethings tells me you'll do just dandy on it. I'm not too terribly far into my studies (just 2/10 chapters done so far ), but it looks like it's largely based on the PMBOK. So the concepts and definitions and theories will likely be mostly the same.
    10 AM tomorrow.

I see this not so much as what Project+ can do for me, as what I can do for Project+.

That, and yet another opportunity to diss the dismal Prometric/Vue center that is nearest to me. That place is seriously a dive...

MS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks