+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Results 51 to 63 of 63
  1. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,162

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    #51
    625 here...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Still a noob earweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    5,176

    Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    #52
    How do you get this candidate history from prometric?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Untrainable steve13ad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    387

    Certifications
    Couple here, a couple there
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    How do you get this candidate history from prometric?
    https://www.register.prometric.com/Login.asp
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,056

    Certifications
    Beer+
    #54
    Wow I got a 687 and passing is 710.

    One on hand im happy because thats not a half bad score for walking in and never even looking at any P+ material.

    On the other hand im pissed because I was so close to passing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Me View Post
    Wow I got a 687 and passing is 710.

    One on hand im happy because thats not a half bad score for walking in and never even looking at any P+ material.

    On the other hand im pissed because I was so close to passing.
    Wow... the pass score is much higher than the previous exam!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Cyber Ninja L0gicB0mb508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Teh Tubes
    Posts
    535

    Certifications
    GCIA, GCIH, MCP, Net+, Sec+, CCNA, Proj+, A+, CIW, AESA, CCNA:Sec
    #56
    I scored a sweet 732.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Still a noob earweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    5,176

    Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by L0gicB0mb508 View Post
    I scored a sweet 732.
    Congratulations!
    That's about what I made on the old test. Having studied for it didn't make it so sweet for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. MSDT Ron Brandt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Regina Saskatchewan
    Posts
    55

    Certifications
    CCNA MCITP A+ SERVER+ SECURITY+ NETWORK+
    #58

    Default IT Project+ 2009

    Yep...I failed and thought for sure I had passed...
    Scored a 647 which would have been a easy pass on the old exam..

    I can't believe that they raised the score over 200 points for an exam that is essentially for status(read cert collectors) only and had a hard time filling the beta slots and trying to find SME's to finalize it.

    Perhaps the staff at CompTia should take this exam themselves so they can figure out how to come in on time on a project.

    I'm a bit bittered on this one for some reason and I should not let it get to me I guess.

    I could point to the test center (VUE) for the multiple distractions including writing the exam in the store owners office that was decorated with fish and fishing pics from Mexico and monitor fans that were excessively loud.. I could also hear people talking outside.(this is a PC repair business).The final straw came when either the owner or staff member came in while I was writing my comments and wanted me to leave...

    Ron
    Last edited by Ron Brandt; 04-03-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,056

    Certifications
    Beer+
    #59
    I'd file a complaint for a testing center like that.

    I despised the fact that I was forced to use a Vue center for this test. The only one is at the local new horizons. Their labs are very nice to i expected the same for the testing center.

    Unfortunately., the testing center had 2 PC's in a closet and the chairs backed into each other (2 people could NOT take a test simulataneously with the lack of room). The PCs were two white homemade POS's. One was laying on its side with the side off and parts everywhere, I got to use the other one with had a nagging fan. Plus, I was only about 10 points from passing...so the raise in points required screwed me as well.
    Last edited by Hyper-Me; 04-04-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. MSDT Ron Brandt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Regina Saskatchewan
    Posts
    55

    Certifications
    CCNA MCITP A+ SERVER+ SECURITY+ NETWORK+
    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Me View Post
    I'd file a complaint for a testing center like that.

    I despised the fact that I was forced to use a Vue center for this test. The only one is at the local new horizons. Their labs are very nice to i expected the same for the testing center.

    Unfortunately., the testing center had 2 PC's in a closet and the chairs backed into each other (2 people could NOT take a test simulataneously with the lack of room). The PCs were two white homemade POS's. One was laying on its side with the side off and parts everywhere, I got to use the other one with had a nagging fan. Plus, I was only about 10 points from passing...so the raise in points required screwed me as well.
    Complain to CompTia or Vue?
    I did send my review to Vue when they sent me a follow up. I have heard that this test center is now closed. Not good for many in the city as the nearest Vue center for the public is 2.5Hrs away..

    Ron
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,056

    Certifications
    Beer+
    #61
    Well hopefuly someone will open a better one. If it was that cruddy and closed its likely that Vue already knew it was bad.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. MSDT Ron Brandt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Regina Saskatchewan
    Posts
    55

    Certifications
    CCNA MCITP A+ SERVER+ SECURITY+ NETWORK+
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper-Me View Post
    Well hopefuly someone will open a better one. If it was that cruddy and closed its likely that Vue already knew it was bad.
    Think there's money in that?
    If I had numbers I'd consider opening one myself but don't think its a profit center.

    BTW: I had emailed CompTia on the weekend anonymously and they are still reporting
    499 so I guess the the new exam is not live yet or they reverted to the old score.

    Ron
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Untrainable steve13ad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    387

    Certifications
    Couple here, a couple there
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brandt View Post
    Think there's money in that?
    If I had numbers I'd consider opening one myself but don't think its a profit center.

    BTW: I had emailed CompTia on the weekend anonymously and they are still reporting
    499 so I guess the the new exam is not live yet or they reverted to the old score.

    Ron
    There isn't. They have to pay all sort of royalty fees back to the certificate companies. They may get 10% of the testing fees.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks