+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. um yea i know some stuffs demonfurbie's Avatar

Certifications
    mct: 70-680, a+, network+, security+ (comptia tri-force) project+, ciw foundations, ciw javascript something
    ev-ac=
    ev/ac=
    ev-sc=
    ev/sc=
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erpadmin View Post
    The one formula I have memorized for sure, hands down is the open lines of communication with stake holders: n(n-1)/2
    If I remember correctly this one is heavily tested on both the PMP and P+, so it's probably a good thing to know.

Also you might want to think about this implication of this formula (which I think you have). What it is saying is that as more people are added to/involved in a project, the communication channels increase dramatically. The more communications channels the more difficult it is to get stuff done.

It's why meetings suck, and why they suck more when more people are involved.

MS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by eMeS View Post
    If I remember correctly this one is heavily tested on both the PMP and P+, so it's probably a good thing to know.

Also you might want to think about this implication of this formula (which I think you have). What it is saying is that as more people are added to/involved in a project, the communication channels increase dramatically. The more communications channels the more difficult it is to get stuff done.

It's why meetings suck, and why they suck more when more people are involved.

MS
    That's probably why we have the saying "Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians..." That really makes sense.

Thanks for that. It was just amazing that out of all the formulas, that one clicked the best for me. The others ones took more time to memorize.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by demonfurbie View Post
    ev-ac=CV
    ev/ac=CPI
    ev-sc=
    ev/sc=

Those last two had me hunting through both the Kindle and Internet...the only S(X) I'm aware of is scheduled variance and that's SV= EV - PV (earned value - budgeted cost). If you could clarify, it would be most appreciated. uCertify actually helped me with cost variance and cost performance index.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    That's probably why we have the saying "Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians..." That really makes sense.

Thanks for that. It was just amazing that out of all the formulas, that one clicked the best for me. The others ones took more time to memorize.
    And BTW, I do agree with the original sentiment of this thread. PMP and Project+ are based on the same material, which is painfully boring.

MS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by eMeS View Post
    And BTW, I do agree with the original sentiment of this thread. PMP and Project+ are based on the same material, which is painfully boring.

MS

When I do pass...I plan on being a PMP in the near future. All I'll need is a Caddy, fur coat, cane and perhaps a feathered fedora.

Oh wait...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member RoadwarriorsLive's Avatar

Certifications
    TCP/IP NT 4, NT Server 4 Enterprise, NT 4 Workstation, NT Server 4, A+, Network+ Sec+ Project + CIW, Win 7, CCNA, CCNA S

Default Thought you were crazy

When I first read this I thought you guys were just whining its less than 300 pages I can do that standiing on my head.

Halfway through the first chapter I was running for text-to-speech. No wonder projects gets so messed up. LOL It seems like they just talk in circles in this book. Now all they need to do is throw 3 letter names in for companies on the test and I will be losing my mind when I sit this.

THANK YOU for the text to speech suggestion. Gonna sit this and put it behind me ASAP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA:R/S, CCENT, ITIL 2011, B.S. IT, CompTIAx5, MCTSx2, MTAx1,
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadwarriorsLive View Post
    LOL It seems like they just talk in circles in this book.
    It's true. That book could have been written in under 100 pages. The author decided that it needed more words.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadwarriorsLive View Post
    THANK YOU for the text to speech suggestion. Gonna sit this and put it behind me ASAP.
    You may want to use the female voice, less Stephen Hawking-ish. (I also switch up depending on if a guy or lady wrote it.) Also, you may also want to lower the reading speed than less than the default. Default is too quick for me. You still want to read along with it, as TTS is not exactly perfect...but for Project+, it did do it's job.

Well guys, tomorrow is D-Day. I'm calling it a night....tomorrow I'm gonna get up bright and early and make sure my Kindle and glossary print outs are with me. Should evilness befall me (fail), I'll know why...but I'm not gonna dwell too much on that. I will take the exam between the 26th and 29th if I fail and I will come back with a win then. But hopefully, we need not have to.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Cyber Ninja III rogue2shadow's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, CEH, CNDA, CPT, Security+, Network+, A+
    You may want to use the female voice, less Stephen Hawking-ish. (I also switch up depending on if a guy or lady wrote it.) Also, you may also want to lower the reading speed than less than the default. Default is too quick for me. You still want to read along with it, as TTS is not exactly perfect...but for Project+, it did do it's job.

Well guys, tomorrow is D-Day. I'm calling it a night....tomorrow I'm gonna get up bright and early and make sure my Kindle and glossary print outs are with me. Should evilness befall me (fail), I'll know why...but I'm not gonna dwell too much on that. I will take the exam between the 26th and 29th if I fail and I will come back with a win then. But hopefully, we need not have to.
    Good luck man!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA:R/S, CCENT, ITIL 2011, B.S. IT, CompTIAx5, MCTSx2, MTAx1,
    Good luck dude. Keep us updated. I'm curious on the difficulty comparison with uCertify
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks