+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    BSIT - Security, CCNA: Security, CCNA, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+, MCTS: Windows 7, CIWv5

Default Question About Studying for Project+

I am having to take this cert test for school, and need to knock it out fairly quickly (~1 month). I have taken a couple of Project Management classes through work, and have taken part in several projects there as well.

I guess my question is: How long did it take you to study for this exam? Is my goal of getting this done in a month reasonable? Could it be done faster?

Thanks for any insight you all can give .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCENT, A+, N+, S+, P+, MCTS:Win 7, AAS: Networking, BS: IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGChai View Post
    I am having to take this cert test for school, and need to knock it out fairly quickly (~1 month). I have taken a couple of Project Management classes through work, and have taken part in several projects there as well.

I guess my question is: How long did it take you to study for this exam? Is my goal of getting this done in a month reasonable? Could it be done faster?

Thanks for any insight you all can give .
    I did it in just a couple weeks, it's an easy exam and just involes a little memorization and some common sense. Read the Sybex Project+ book on books24x7 and take the practice tests at the end of each chapter and you'll do fine. You can use ucertify too if you go to WGU but I didn't really use that. I knew nothing about project mangent going into it by the way, so you're already a lot better off than I was. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    One month and I failed. I took it a second time after another month of studying and passed by 300 points. I think it can be done in one month just don't underestimate it, which I am sure you won't.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    BSIT - Security, CCNA: Security, CCNA, Security+, Network+, Project+, A+, MCTS: Windows 7, CIWv5
    Thanks for the insight, guys! I have been told that this test is no joke, and not to take it lightly, so I will take what you have said into consideration and study like a madman to get this done in time. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCITP- Server Admin, MCTS- Network Infrastructure, MCTS- Active Directory, MCTS- Windows 7, CCNA, Sec+, Proj+, Net+, A+, CIW Found. V5, Java
    Good thread. I'm looking to knock this out before this term ends. Thanks for the tips Tr1x.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA (R&S, Sec), WGU BS:IT Sec, MCTS: Win 7 Config, Sec+, Project+, Storage+, Net+, A+
    I used the Project+ Sybex book and took the test 10 days after I started studying. Passed with an 870ish. I haven't had any project management experience before this book. The worst thing is how horribly boring that topic is.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Good info! Good luck on your test.

Would anyone say a Project + cert would help with a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst role? I know it won't suffice for good ole experience, but it may help in obtaining this type of role, correct?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+ : A+ : Security+ : eJPT : Life+
    I don't understand how some of yall are passing this test with only months of study and less. Especially since some of the information is boring lol.
    Booya!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesleecoleman View Post
    I don't understand how some of yall are passing this test with only months of study and less. Especially since some of the information is boring lol.
    I didn't man. I failed it the first time and then studied again. 2 months total
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
    I'd say it probably isn't that boring if your in a position where project management is key.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks