+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed with 825

Certifications
    A+, Security+, Project+, CCNA, CIW: Site Designer, MCSA:2k8, MCTS:70-680

Default Passed with 825

Not the best score I've ever had on a CompTIA exam but I'll take it if it means I can stop studying this stuff! This was by far one of the driest subjects I've had to go through and I'm glad it's over.

For study, I watched the SkillSoft modules and read the Sybex Project+ book, both of which were more than sufficient.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP/MCTS,ITILv2 , Sec+ , VCA ( DCV & WM )......and miles to go b4 i sleep..
    Congrats on the Pass

i am been looking to see if any vendors do a CBT Series for this exam . I have access to the Skills Soft @ work but was worried if that would be sufficient along with the books to pass this exam
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2017

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member Concerned Water's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, VCA6-NV, Sec+, A+
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Dr IT -

SkillSoft's modules for this are a bit better than a lot of their other training. The best ones I have seen overall are the CBT Nuggets videos, which I rented for a day to see if they were worth paying for. They are, but I don't have that kind of scratch to spend on a class I wasn't interested in, and was trying to finish as fast as possible to satisfy the WGU requirement.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA, CCENT, Project+, Security+, Network+, A+, Avaya AIPS and ACSS, ITIL Foundation (2011)
    Congratulations!

I hope to follow in your footsteps soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Congrats on passing. I agree that the Sybex book is pretty much all you need. I did find the charts in the Phillips book to be helpful. I memorized them and wrote 'em out before the exam. Helped tremendously on the formulas you may encounter.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Why is the rum gone!? paulgswanson's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+; Security+, Project+, MTA:N, MTA:OS, MTA:Sec, CIW Web Foundations
    Just started studying for this one for WGU. Whats the average amount it takes to pass this? Weekend reading? 2 weeks? 1 month?

I curious because I wanna stay on track with WGU, so far 1 class per week. And a whole buncha hurry-up-and-wait for taskstream (tis eviiiil)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    I spent about 5 weeks or so on this course, mostly due to procrastination. It all depends on experience, though, for the other courses. 1 class per week won't work once you get to the Microsoft courses. Prepare to spend some time on those, unless you are extremely experienced at Server 2008 R2.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Paul I spent about three weeks diddling with the book, and about a week and a half studying it hardcore. I spent the first three weeks of the semester finishing up my studying for ICND2, so that took most of my focus. That said, 3-4 weeks may work for you, or it may not. I have a lot of experience with Business Process Improvement and Lean Six Sigma, and there are a lot of carry over concepts between those and project management.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Why is the rum gone!? paulgswanson's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+; Security+, Project+, MTA:N, MTA:OS, MTA:Sec, CIW Web Foundations
    Thanks for the answers! I have a baseline set for myself now! I greatly appreciate the input!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks