+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, ECIH, GCIH, GSEC, SSCP, P+, S+, N+, A+, CIW-WSA, CIW-SDA, VCA-DCV, MTA: SF (98-367), MTA: NF (98-366)

Default GCIH Next Weekend.... resources?

Hi all,

I'll be sitting for the GCIH next weekend and wanted to see if anybody had any last-minute recommendations on reference materials that you found useful during the exam. I've currently got all of the books indexed and have printouts of the related SANS Cheat Sheets, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything useful!

Thanks!
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, EMCISA v2, MCP, MTAx2 , CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH
    Last minute tips for GCIH, I would say focus on DoS and SQL injection concepts. Also focus on the main incident handling steps (Preparation, Identification, etc.)
    2017:E|CSA E|CSP,eLearnSecurity Courses 2018: C|ND,ICND2,CCSK,CISSP,CCNA-Security,CSA+,GWAPT 2019: CWNA 2020: LPIC-2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, C|EH, and more.
    How did you do on the practice exams?
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    GWAPT, GSEC, Associate of (ISC)2, C|EH, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Security+, Network+
    All GIAC exams are made based on the official SANS course books, so basically anything you were given will cover the exam content. As long as you made a good index and understand the material you should be good to go.

I haven't taken GCIH, but do the cheatsheets for it include tools like NMAP? I could see those being helpful as a safety net.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, ECIH, GCIH, GSEC, SSCP, P+, S+, N+, A+, CIW-WSA, CIW-SDA, VCA-DCV, MTA: SF (98-367), MTA: NF (98-366)
    I scored high seventies for the first go and low eighties for the second go... not the greatest, but if it's anything like my GSEC, I ended up with roughly the same practice scores and passed the exam with a few points higher than my highest practice exam.

Thanks, everyone!
    LinkedIn - Just mention you're from TE!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    GREM, GPEN, GCFA, GCIH, GSEC, GCFE, ACE, MCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy858 View Post
    I scored high seventies for the first go and low eighties for the second go... not the greatest, but if it's anything like my GSEC, I ended up with roughly the same practice scores and passed the exam with a few points higher than my highest practice exam.

Thanks, everyone!
    Those scores are very similar to my practice exam scores and I scored an 86 on the actual exam. I think you will be fine.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks