+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed GSNA

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,Sec+,GSEC,GSED, GCIH, CEH, CySA+, GSNA

Default Passed GSNA

For this being a basic course it really did dive into a lot of technical stuff. I would honestly say listening to the on demand and making sure your index is solid will help considerably. A lot of the material that was covered in the books didn’t make much sense and I had to go back and revisit a few items. The practice exams do help give you an idea on what to prepare for on the exam. It wasn’t too difficult but I wouldn’t take it lightly. I’m definetly relieved to have pass this one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Member

Certifications
    GCTI, GNFA, GCFA, GCIH, Sec+
    I've seen auditors pass more "prestigious" certs relevant to their jobs and fail to this one so I wouldn't say it's a "basic" one at all. Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,Sec+,GSEC,GSED, GCIH, CEH, CySA+, GSNA
    I had heard CISA was harder than this one. I’m not going to lie there was a lot of material from the networking section that wasn’t explain quite well. Some of the examples in the books are easy to reference with the exception of a few things. I had to listen to the on demand in order to understand the concepts better. I will say during the test some of the examples don’t really help answering the questions. You really do have to know your stuff.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    PRINCE2, CISSP, ITILv3, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, MCP, MCSA 2003
    I'm seriously considering this exam but I am going the self study route. What books or materials would you recommend for this? Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Personally found the GSNA much harder than CISA. Actually found a lot of material in the exam that was not covered in the books/course and I had to use experience along with intelligent guessing .
    MSc, BSc (Hons), C-CISO, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSNA, CEH, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CASP, CRISC, CISA, ISO27001 LA, CISM (application pending)
    @charismaticx - Congratulations on this one.

@scasc - With your certifications, it can hardly be considered as intelligent guessing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Appreciate the compliment, many thanks
    MSc, BSc (Hons), C-CISO, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GSNA, CEH, CHFI, TOGAF, CISMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks