+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
  1. Member

Certifications
    CEH, ECSA, eCPPT
    I'm in same boat like you hugbear, but just one kid of 10yrs....kind of difficult to makeup in the evening to connect VPN, If i get a day or two break connecting VPN, I need motivating factor to start again.....Welcome to OSCP study family...By the way I havent yet bribed, but trying to keep up by taking regular breaks in a week to keep up time with them.....(Its been only two weeks since i have started the course)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, OSCP, CEH
    Just a note that I'm still alive and kicking in the OSCP labs. I've just extended for the second time but with work, family, and life I haven't moved as fast as I've liked but I've never wavered from my determination to slay this beast I may be moving slow but I'm having a blast and learns tons!

Eric
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, Net+, Sec+, OSWP
    I finally finished the packet and videos, I only have a week left in lab time. I'm going to try to knock out as much of the labs as I can then I plan to extend for a month. I really wish I would have done the labs as I read and watched the videos. I got into a relationship and work has been busier so I haven't had as much time as I thought I would. Hopefully, I can stick to it and knock it out now. When you extend your time that includes a retest? If so, should I just take the exam to use up the first exam and see what it's like?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. WGU Alum - BS:IT Security Sledge.'s Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:Security, CompTia x 3 (Security+, Project+, A+), MCTS (70-680), CCENT, CCNA: Routing & Switching, CIW x 3 (Javascript, Database, Web Design)
    Realistically, how much time per week (and how many weeks) would you guys say that OSCP would take to properly prepare for?

Trying to gauge whether I am ready to 'Try Harder'.

Thanks!

Sledge
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge. View Post
    Realistically, how much time per week (and how many weeks) would you guys say that OSCP would take to properly prepare for?
    What do you mean with prepare for? Actually for me I've spent one full month of preparations, getting familiar with the OS way of doing things, reading every possible blogs about OSCP, preparing my PWK environment and VMs... After that I've spend every weekends from April to early August plus every possible weekdays evening on the cert.. So to be clear I've not been in any relationship during that time and informed my family and friends that for the next 6 months i wouldn't be much available.

As well I've piled many digital readings so whenever I've had some times traveling or taking trains or such I've always had my lectures and took notes..

But then again it really all depends on your abilities to learn on your own, and time management i'd say. Sometimes I've spend way too much times on concepts which turned out not to be that relevant to the whole process but again i guess that is exactly the way OS wants you to dig in..

Best of luck to you all !!
    Cheers,
    m.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    How I wish I were as bright as you guys... to pass the OSCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Social Networking & Bookmarks