+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First 12345
  1. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gui4life View Post
    If i'm done with that module exercise - I should be okay to use 64bit Kali 2.0?
    well the thing is that you should expect Buffer Overflow in your exam, that is clearly why Offsec is providing a PWK dedicated Kali VM.. I'd say if you're using an hypervisor just install both so you're safe.. Though i'd follow the OffSec rules..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Gracias for the thread, JF. Excellent read.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Really great thread Jolly!

Did you do full UDP scans (ports 0-65535) on every box you could in the lab environment with nmap, and what sort of speeds to you get over the VPN connection?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, PC\Network Pro, Word 2010
    Pm'd you Jollyfrogs! Great thread!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    CEH, MCDBA, OCP 10g, 11g
    I don't think there is any need to do anything more than nmap --top-ports for UDP. As a test, try installing nmap on your windows vm so that you can run nmap locally, inside the lab. Some of the linux boxes in the lab already have nmap. As far as I know doing a UDP scan of all ports is always going to take FOREVER.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    Security+, CCNA, ITILv3 Foundation, Project+, CISSP, C|EHv8
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Hi Jollyfrogs,

Would you mind if I request for the Jollykatz? Seems like the link to it is not working.

Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    Like all of you guys, I finally saved for the OSCP course and I really want to pass it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    CONGRATS JOLLY!!!! Im going to use this thread when im ready for the OSCP!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, eJPT, JNCIS-SEC, Adtran(IPBG & IN), Dell Sonicwall CSSA, Dell Sonicwall Email Security, CompTIA Security+, CompTia Network+
    You know, I have not seen Jolly around in some time. I wonder what they moved on to after owning the OSCP?
    2017 Certification Goals: CISSP [] eCPPT [] OSCP []

Blog: www.networkingfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseboost View Post
    You know, I have not seen Jolly around in some time. I wonder what they moved on to after owning the OSCP?
    I'm still around but haven't had much time due to work commitments. I'm doing SLAE now, in preparation of OSCE. I posted a new post today on my progress with SLAE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. IT - Sec, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, AWS CSA Associate, CCENT, A+, Net+, Sec+, Proj+, Lin+, LPIC-1, CIW: WFA, CIW: WDS, MTA: OS, MCP
    This is such a great thread. I'm in the pre-lab prep stage at the moment and have been using this to guide my studies. Thanks for all the useful info!
    2017 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA (Complete), OSCP (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress)
    2017 Reading Goals: Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide (Completed), Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (In Progress)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Agreed. I think this thread should be individually sticky'd.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISA, CISSP, SCSA
    This is a terrific thread. Fantastic contributions from Jolly and everyone!

I'm awaiting an exam result for an exam sat in early June and then, if I don't need to re-sit it, I'll be prepping for the OSCP with a view to having a first crack at the online exam next June. Work commitments this year mean I'm not getting any holiday time in 2016, but I'm likely to get some quieter time between Xmas/New Year, so I'll be able to ramp the learning up then.

I'll be seeking to set-up my lab following Jolly's instructions.

I'm pretty confident with the Linux side. I still have my Perl exploit scripts from pen-testing work performed in the past, but I'll likely convert them to Python. Where I know I am weak is on the Windows stuff, so I'm reading-up on that subject right now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Great job JollyFrogs. You are truly amazing. I studied a lot too and I hope I'll become OSCP certified as well. I'm currently preparing for ecppt and then after some time I'll try OSCP. Apart from your knowledge and intelligence, what I really liked is your methodology. I can study a lot in short time and I'm very multitasking although I may lose focus quickly, be less organised and more lazy than you. They are some areas I should work on. Indeed sharpening the axe before signing up for the course is a great move. ecppt will give me a good foundation, it's also highly practical and reporting is taken in great consideration as well. After that I plan to do a number of VulnHub machines, especially some of them were recommended because a bit similar to OSCP labs. I read about this in this website I think. I'll also try to make some scripts. ( I already have a couple of them I made in the past). I have a general understanding of networking, but I'm not an expert in this unlike you. I hope it will be enough, as I probably don't have a lot of time to dedicate to this. I already know the theory behind exploit development although I need more practical experience. Then finally I'll sign up for the course.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member
    This has been a very helpful thread
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member
    Every once in a while someone emails me, they typically ask if I'm still alive (I am!). After OSCP I've been busy with SLAE and OSCE, and I'm currently studying the SecurityTube Forensics course and the SANS course GXPN, as well as doing research on two (red team) topics.

I saw the jollykatz files timed out on the original upload location, and TE doesn't allow uploading the zip file (probably because it contains .exe files), so I've uploaded them to this permanent location. The jollykatz_xp is compiled slightly differently, so if the other version doesn't work, the XP version might (specifically on Windows XP service pack 0 machines. The zip file has no password, and I've just scanned all 4 files with Avast and all files are still FUD.

https://www.jollyfrogs.com/tools/jollykatz.zip

Please note: jollykatz is just a simple recompilation of the mimikatz tool with the aim to make it FUD. All credit goes to the creator of Mimikatz.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Jolly, you are good people. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, VCP5-DCV, VCP-Cloud, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2003, Security +, Net+, A+
    Impressive to say the least Jolly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member
    Securitytube seems to be a foundation for success with regard to Offensive Security. Definitely will put it apart of my deep study in preparation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Social Networking & Bookmarks