+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GWAPT, GSEC, C|EH, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Security+, Network+
    The list was from 2015 and in no way was going to cover everything...it was more of a base for people to help guide them at a low cost for self funding. Microsoft and Cisco are the only two vendors I would openly recommend as they are everywhere...when you start getting into specific vendors, I only recommend the technology if you use it because the list is endless. Additionally, I listed heavy hitters on job boards because it makes little sense to recommend certifications that won’t get you the most looks. Your recommendations are great for add-ons...I did not want to tell somebody go learn a DLP technology because if they don’t have the foundation, they are less likely to get a job...again the list is from 2015 so the industry focus past entry level has even shifted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , LFCS, C|EH , PA ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGuru80 View Post
    The list was from 2015 and in no way was going to cover everything...it was more of a base for people to help guide them at a low cost for self funding. Microsoft and Cisco are the only two vendors I would openly recommend as they are everywhere...when you start getting into specific vendors, I only recommend the technology if you use it because the list is endless. Additionally, I listed heavy hitters on job boards because it makes little sense to recommend certifications that won’t get you the most looks. Your recommendations are great for add-ons...I did not want to tell somebody go learn a DLP technology because if they don’t have the foundation, they are less likely to get a job...again the list is from 2015 so the industry focus past entry level has even shifted.
    Ah I see, wow 2015 seems so long ago. I did not realize that someone brought this topic back to life :P
    2018 Goals: eCPPT (2nd attempt), OSCP, Dark Side OPS 2: Adversary Simulation
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP CEH CCNP Security
    A person with 2 years experience under their belt will be very hard-pressed to get a CCIE Security, just sayin'.
    A CCIE in any track requires a significant investment of time, and a solid technical background that is nearly impossible to obtain within such a relatively short time frame.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks