Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last
  1. Junior Member Registered Member
    It means your the best of the best!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    OSCP,Network+,Security+,MTA-Net,MTA-Sec
    invictus why not revert the host prior to starting the host? This way it assures you have a stable copy and everything is intact? We have 8 reverts a day + another 8 if we ping an admin.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyth View Post
    invictus why not revert the host prior to starting the host? This way it assures you have a stable copy and everything is intact? We have 8 reverts a day + another 8 if we ping an admin.
    I thought I had. Doesn't matter now. I've taken down all the machines in the admin network already, 3 today and 1 yesterday. I'm currently on 41 unique systems after 35 days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    Very nice! I officially start this Saturday. What do you personally find most difficult privilege escalation,enumeration or exploitation?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    Very nice! I officially start this Saturday. What do you personally find most difficult privilege escalation,enumeration or exploitation?
    Priv esc can be pretty tough at times. I'd say I struggle with that the most. Exploitation can be pretty tough if there's not much info to go on.

In general, it really depends on the overall difficulty of the system
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member
    I got pain today which was nice, didn't take too long either. I did however get stuck on sufferance, I can read files on the system to a certain level but that's about it.

I'm happy with my 41 systems and still have 20ish days in the lab left
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member
    Been a few days since I've posted here and thought I'd give an update.

So I took the exam on sunday and it was the hardest thing I've done in a long time. The systems were much more up to date than the lab machines and there didnt seem to be available exploits for many of the services. All in all I'm unsure as to whether I've passed, if they count a low privilege shell on a 20 point system as being worth 10 points, then I achieved 65 points in total. It is then up to the offsec staff to decide whether my poorly written lab report covering the 41 rooted systems is enough to bump me up to 70 points - something tells me it wont be enough.

I learnt a lot from the exam and once I get the email telling me I've failed, I'll re-book it for a week or so's time. If anyone has general exam questions let me know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    Iv heard from a few people the exam hosts are just copys of the lab hosts, is this true from what you have seen? With this in mind i started on 3/12 and I seem to be in the new subnet with new lab hosts. It could be possible you got copy's of some of the new lab hosts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member
    Iv heard from a few people the exam hosts are just copys of the lab hosts, is this true from what you have seen? With this in mind i started on 3/12 and I seem to be in the new subnet with new lab hosts. It could be possible you got copy's of some of the new lab hosts.
    bear in mind I only saw 5 systems from what is probably a large pool of exam machines. But from my experience, they definately aren't copies. The exam machines for me were a hell of a lot harder than any of the systems in the lab. I also found them to be a lot more up to date, don't expect a load of winxp exam machines
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    Old School MCSE, NET+, CEH, CISSP, GICSP, OSCP and SCADA Specific goodness
    I wish you well in the grading department, It was exactly 24 hours from there confirmation of receipt of the report to getting the grade.

And no the exam machines are not copies! While there may have been a familiar application name or 2, they didn't have the same configs,vulnerabilities or versions, almost all of it was completely new.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebjeb View Post
    I wish you well in the grading department, It was exactly 24 hours from there confirmation of receipt of the report to getting the grade.

And no the exam machines are not copies! While there may have been a familiar application name or 2, they didn't have the same configs,vulnerabilities or versions, almost all of it was completely new.
    Cheers jebjeb the nerves are killing me lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

c colon I net pub dub dub dub root
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diggitle View Post
    c colon I net pub dub dub dub root
    ????? What are you on about
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member
    Almost 24 hours on the dot from when I sent my report and I received the dreaded email. Certain I had failed but unsure as to whether I was ready for the news, it took me ten minutes and a cigarette break to calm my nerves. I finally got the courage to open it, as soon as I saw "We are happy to inform you...." I let out a massive YES!!!! I re-read the email three times to double check, but I have successfully passed the exam!

I have to say that was the best feeling I have had in ages, this course has taught me a hell of a lot. I will get round to doing a full writeup of the labs and exam once I've got some spare time - I have a lot of actual work to catch up on!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member

Certifications
    Old School MCSE, NET+, CEH, CISSP, GICSP, OSCP and SCADA Specific goodness
    Nice job, Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, GWAPT, CEH, SSCP, EJPT, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, MCSA:W2K8, Linux+, LPIC-1, SCLA
    Awesome, congrats! Starting my journey April 9th, can't wait!

Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasminLandry View Post
    Good luck youre going to love/hate it!

My best advice for you is to thoroughly document your lab time. Once you gain root on a system, revert it, and go again, redoing your notes in such a way that you can come back to it in a months time and do it from just those notes (take lots of screen shots as well). This was my biggest downfall and I wasted a lot of time re-exploiting hosts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasminLandry View Post
    Good luck youre going to love/hate it!

My best advice for you is to thoroughly document your lab time. Once you gain root on a system, revert it, and go again, redoing your notes in such a way that you can come back to it in a months time and do it from just those notes (take lots of screen shots as well). This was my biggest downfall and I wasted a lot of time re-exploiting hosts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    SSCP, CISSP, OSCP
    Congratulations.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Member
    Congratulations. Can you go into some detail about what your lab report had? How detailed was it? I wasn't planning on submitting one but your post made me reconsider.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCITP:VA, VCP5, MCSA 2012, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSE Server Infrastructure, C|EHv7, RHCSA, OSCP, GCIH, OSWP
    Congrats!
    2016 Goals: GCIH, OSWP - DONE!
    My OSCP review http://www.jasonbernier.com/oscp-review/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Congratulations!
    Currently working on: Resting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member
    Congrats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sch1sm View Post
    Congratulations. Can you go into some detail about what your lab report had? How detailed was it? I wasn't planning on submitting one but your post made me reconsider.
    I highly recommend doing your lab report before the exam. I didn't, and so had to report on 41 hosts after a 24 hour exam where I hadn't slept.

So in my report I had to go of my pretty rubbish notes. I basically just put down how I rooted the system. So, if it was a rfi and then kernel priv esc.

Remote file inclusion and kernel exploit
    Vulnerable host: 1.1.1.1
    Vulnerability explained: the web app running on this system was vulnerable to a remote file inclusion due to poorly sanitised user input. A malicious user could use this vulnerability to execute arbitrary server side code. For example 1.1.1.1/index.php?path=1.1.1.2/shell.txt

And then do the same thing after that for the kernel exploit.

Something i did which I think I helped is in the exam report, I reported on the machine that I didn't get in to. I described what I thought was vulnerable and how someone (better than me) might use that to get it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks