+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. Member

Certifications
    Old School MCSE, NET+, CEH, CISSP, GICSP, OSCP and SCADA Specific goodness
    Interesting, sounds like you got the last 5 points due to the lab report. First real story I've heard confirming that. Should motivate more of hte slackers (like myself ) to do the report.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebjeb View Post
    Interesting, sounds like you got the last 5 points due to the lab report. First real story I've heard confirming that. Should motivate more of hte slackers (like myself ) to do the report.
    The thing is you just don't know what's going to happen in the exam. I was quite confident that I would do well, and so didn't do a lab report. How wrong I was!

I think it just can't hurt to have your lab report ready just in case. I suffered a lot trying to write one straight after the exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congrats - and thank you for your helpful explanations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, GMON, C|EH, MCSE, MCSE:Security, Sec+, ITIL
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, SEC+
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus_123 View Post
    Been a few days since I've posted here and thought I'd give an update.

So I took the exam on sunday and it was the hardest thing I've done in a long time. The systems were much more up to date than the lab machines and there didnt seem to be available exploits for many of the services. All in all I'm unsure as to whether I've passed, if they count a low privilege shell on a 20 point system as being worth 10 points, then I achieved 65 points in total. It is then up to the offsec staff to decide whether my poorly written lab report covering the 41 rooted systems is enough to bump me up to 70 points - something tells me it wont be enough.

I learnt a lot from the exam and once I get the email telling me I've failed, I'll re-book it for a week or so's time. If anyone has general exam questions let me know.

Now that you've taken the exam and the exam machines are different/harder do you think the overall course prepared you for the exam though?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djctwo View Post
    Now that you've taken the exam and the exam machines are different/harder do you think the overall course prepared you for the exam though?
    Absolutely. Bear in mind I had zero pentesting experience, so I learnt an absolute ton going through the labs.

And whilst I couldn't directly apply knowledge of exploiting a certain lab host to an exam machine, it's the way you go about exploiting hosts that you learn which is important.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    SSCP, CISSP, OSCP
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus_123 View Post
    I'm unsure as to whether I've passed, if they count a low privilege shell on a 20 point system as being worth 10 points, then I achieved 65 points in total.
    It's interesting going back and reading this. I emailed them for feedback after failing the exam and they said "partial points are awarded for systems where full root access is not achieved but you can safely assume that non-root access earns less than half the points for that particular target."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks