+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member
    Good Luck on the Exam dude!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, CEH, SSCP, EJPT, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, MCSA:W2K8, Linux+, LPIC-1, SCLA
    Thanks mongrel! 3 hours left until exam starts. I'll update tomorrow once I'm done, hoping it'll be a positive post. So I'm attempting the exam with 43 machines rooted, hopefully I've seen and learned enough to pass the exam!
    Last edited by JasminLandry; 06-09-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    OSCE, OSCP, CEH, CCSK, MCSA
    Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    OSCP,Network+,Security+,MTA-Net,MTA-Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by JasminLandry View Post
    Thanks mongrel! 3 hours left until exam starts. I'll update tomorrow once I'm done, hoping it'll be a positive post. So I'm attempting the exam with 43 machines rooted, hopefully I've seen and learned enough to pass the exam!

Good luck man let me know how it goes! My lab time expires tomorrow. Im excited to see your results!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    OSCP | GWAPT | CISA | CPTE | ITIL Foundations | Network + | A+ | MCP | MBA
    Good luck! I've been following your progress and I'm eager to see how you did.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    I hope it went well!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    I currently have a total of 55 points (which is 3 machines rooted) and I have a low privilege shell on another so I'm hoping that would be an extra 10 points for a total of 65. I will submit my exam & lab/exercises reports so hopefully that'll add up another 10 points for a total of 75 points and a pass (fingers crossed).

I still have 2 hours left, I'll try to go root the one I have a low shell on so that I can breathe a bit better over the weekend and not be too stressed about the result.

Break over, back to business!

Edit: I just rooted my fourth one, so that gives me a total of 75 points! I think I'll still send my lab report just in case
    I even learned a new privilege escalation technique on that last one, thank you Offsec for making me try harder until the very last second. Well still 40 minutes left but I think I'll just call it a day and start my exam report.
    Last edited by JasminLandry; 06-10-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, OSCP, CEH
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    OSCP,Network+,Security+,MTA-Net,MTA-Sec
    Congratz man! Hope i do as well as you on the 25th!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member
    Congrats man!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    It's official, I got the email confirmation this morning. I can now say that I'm an OSCP Too bad I'm at work, I can't do a celebration dance!

Time to update my LinkedIn profile.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Congrats on the pass!!!!

I see you cleared it in two months. How many hours/days did you dedicate to it?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Congrats on the pass!!!!

I see you cleared it in two months. How many hours/days did you dedicate to it?
    I spent a good 4-5 hours a day on average. At first since I took the 90 day package I wanted to do 3 hours a day and 6-8 hours on the weekend but the labs are so addictive so I started spending more time on them. I would also like to mention to others here that I didn't root the two of the big guns in Sufferance and Humble and still managed to pass the exam. Although I would still like to get them before my lab time expires in about 25 days.

One thing I'd also like to say is I didn't use Offsec's VM at all during the course and exam, I used my own 64-bit Kali. So it is possible to do everything without the VM they suggest to use. And I'll say it for other people who are wondering like I did before starting this course, programming knowledge is not required but it is strongly suggested. I would say you need to be able to "read" certain languages to know what it's doing. Some exploits are somewhat confusing to understand so the more you know the better off you'll be.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the course as I learned quite a few but I have to admit I am a bit disappointed as there's some stuff I wanted to learn that isn't much covered in this course or not at all. I have read a few books before starting this so it was almost as if I was just applying the techniques I learned in those books. But don't get me wrong, I still loved this course and learned a lot and I suggest it to anyone who wishes to take it.

After my lab time expires or when I'm done with all VMs in the labs, I'll look into either doing the OSWP or do a Python or ASM course on Security Tube as I need to up my game in that domain as I want to slowly start preparing for the OSCE.
    Last edited by JasminLandry; 06-13-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks