+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default IAPP Exam

Hey guys, delighted that there is a thread on these exams. I signed up to the course yesterday and just received my reading materials. Kind of nervous about it, the book is good and well written but I can just tell it will be difficult to retain a lot of the knowledge.

Did anyone have any luck with the past exam papers or does anyone have any they could share?!I'm based in Ireland myself so will do the IAPP Europe exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi All,
    I'm an IT professional(software) based in Ireland looking to do CIPP/E . I'm trawling the internet looking for resources. Just after ordering the book but would anyone be so kind to share some sample questions/experiences/advice with me. I see a few from Ireland on here. Maybe we could set up an online study group?

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CSSLP, CIPT
    I just passed the CIPT on 1/8/2018. It was fairly hard. I would say a 7 on a 10 scale with the CSSLP being a 9.

I totally agree with r21's advice. Common sense and experience goes a long way. R21's advice on the scenario questions is also spot on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyLou View Post
    Hi Irishm I might be able to help you with that.
    I will be studying for the CIPP/E exam. I am interested in sample questions/resource compendium.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Just found these forums searching for CIPP/E study advice. Very grateful for the discussion here and for any advice others who have gone before me can offer here or by PM. Thank you.

Marc
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Cipt

Quote Originally Posted by myboy1979 View Post
    Hi Jestina: I am taking this test later this month. I'd never ask for the questions that weren't in the test material, but can you give me an idea of the supplemental material I should study to prepare for those questions?
    Hi myboy1979,

Could you please share your experience on the CIPT exam. I am planning to take CIPT in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Recently finished and passed CIPT exam, and it was much harder than the practice test or study materials would indicate. About one quarter of the material was not in any of the books (at least that I could find), and there was a disturbing amount of "Trivial Pursuits" sort of questions that would have zero impact on the daily life of a privacy practitioner. Lots of tiny details about this law or that protocol. Plus, being someone who's been around the tech block a few times, I found a number of questions and answers to be poorly worded and perhaps even wrong (meaning there was more than one legitimate right answer). But since I passed, appealing doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'll give my feedback to the IAPP.

Don't want to give any details away, lest I violate the agreement, but do study up on things that have happened in recent years that wouldn't be covered by the books (events, laws, new tech). The IAPP really should release an addendum to the study materials at least scoping out these additions broadly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    I've failed CIPT today. Scored 286/500 with the following:

I. Understanding the need for privacy in the IT environment - 100%
    II. Core Privacy Concepts - 75%
    III. Privacy Considerations in the Information Life Cycle - 68%
    IV. Privacy in Systems and Applications - 53%
    V. Privacy Techniques - 83%
    VI. Online Privacy Issues - 63%
    VII. Technologies with Privacy Considerations - 62%

Obviously my Achilles heel was IV. Worst thing is that of the answers I changed in my final review, 3 were right and I changed to wrong (read after). That may have been the difference.

I found the exam very very hard. Ambiguous questions, one question I have no idea if I got it right as I even read the book after on that and still don't know. One question was about a specific US case that is not in any book or collateral I have and was not a generic question - it was basically asking why it had happened - so I feel you needed to know the case history

Have to say I'm not a fan of how IAPP exams are written.

I attended the course and read both books plus the Blueprint and BoK. There were definitely questions in the exam I had not come across before.
    Last edited by senwar; 03-31-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Had some good feedback from the IAPP.

2 questions short of passing.

Gutted. 'Could' be the ones I changed although no guarantee they were marked ones - but still..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CISA, DISA, COBIT 5 LA
    I took the CIPP/E beta test in April 2018 and failed with a score of 295/500 - the email mentioned 300 is required to pass, so I reckon I missed out by a question or two. There's no feedback forthcoming on the break-up of the score from the IAPP, despite requesting them for it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi all,

I passed the CIPP/E exam in augustus. Actually it is not that easy. As a former lawyer I think I may say so (CIPP/E is about legislation). What was difficult were the scenarios. A lot of information that makes you think of different subjects, only a part of which is reflected in the actual questions. Perhaps it is wise to first read the question and then the scenario. Difficult were also the questions that asked for the best or least bad option. I think there was enough time to answer the questions. Some questions that did not return in the text of the book, but which could be done with logical reasoning.

I want to share some study material that helped me:
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 8
    Chapter 12

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks