+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CIPP Guide

Received access today to CIPPGUIDE.org. Looks like a ton of materials, plus practice tests.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TribeFan44141 View Post
    Received access today to CIPPGUIDE.org. Looks like a ton of materials, plus practice tests.
    Any way to tell how current the material is? Or if there's any indication of updated material to account for the last update to the CIPP US exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP plus a handful of others
    Quote Originally Posted by TribeFan44141 View Post

I was hesitant to sign up because the site seemed so hard to use. Any opinion on once you sign up?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. GGB
    Junior Member Registered Member
    I just signed up to take the CIPP/US test in about 3 weeks. I also signed up for CIPPGUIDE.org. I'll let the Board know how my experience goes with that site (which admittedly is a bit unkempt looking).

Greg
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. GGB
    Quote Originally Posted by greennc939 View Post
    Any way to tell how current the material is? Or if there's any indication of updated material to account for the last update to the CIPP US exam?
    Looks like if you're signed up for silver or gold membership, you can go to the page at the top called "Premium Services" and click on any of the blue hyperlinked material, which as of this moment are all working.

Greg
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. GGB
    Quote Originally Posted by b0Ris View Post
    I was hesitant to sign up because the site seemed so hard to use. Any opinion on once you sign up?
    Sorry, my previous post was intended for the above.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GGB View Post
    I just signed up to take the CIPP/US test in about 3 weeks. I also signed up for CIPPGUIDE.org. I'll let the Board know how my experience goes with that site (which admittedly is a bit unkempt looking).

Greg
    That would be great. Best of luck on the exam!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    I passed the CIPP/US Exam:

Domain 1: 88%
    Domain 3: 100%
    Domain 4: 91%
    Domain 2: 88%
    Domain 5: 77%

I will be reviewing a 70 page outline that I created and then will share that with anyone this weekend who will be sitting for the exam.

I am now gearing up for the CIPP/EU exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Congratulations! Well done!

I took the French beta CIPP/E exam in December and was successful. I've not gotten fully under way in my preparations for the CIPP/US, but it's looking so far as if the CIPP/E is much simpler. I strongly recommend Phil Lee's YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxgZ57BTkFQ. Good luck!

(When are you planning to take the CIPP/E?)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverstyx View Post
    Congratulations! Well done!

I took the French beta CIPP/E exam in December and was successful. I've not gotten fully under way in my preparations for the CIPP/US, but it's looking so far as if the CIPP/E is much simpler. I strongly recommend Phil Lee's YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxgZ57BTkFQ. Good luck!

(When are you planning to take the CIPP/E?)
    Thanks, I am planning to take it in a month. I think that time is sufficient for me to grasp the most important GDPR Articles. I think for the US version, you need to know the law and concepts and apply them. To prepare, I used the outline that has circulated on the board and then created another because I did not want to read the book again, and condensed everything to 70 pages.

You mentioned that you used the IAPP CIPP/E online training. Was that useful? I am debating whether to sign up for the program.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hello-

I'm not able to PM at the moment due to becoming a new member, would you mind sharing your outline with me? I'm scheduled to take the exam in a few weeks. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member
    I did find the CIPP/E online training useful, but it wasn't all that deep or profound. It more helped me figure out what I needed to know for the exam and how to structure the material. My employer covered about half the cost; of course, as I'm already in this field, the rest will be tax-deductible (though I don't know whether that'll hold now that the new tax law is in effect), which further reduces the effective cost. If I had to cover the whole thing, I don't know that I'd find it worth it, especially as a "practice" run at the exam is $375--much cheaper by comparison--and you might even end up passing the first time!
    Last edited by riverstyx; 01-31-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: misspelled "cost" as "course"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi, I'm a new member and will be sitting for the CIPP US exam soon, would you be willing to share your outline with me? It would be much appreciated as typing out an outline from scratch law school-style is taking me forever.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. K-9

Certifications
    CISSP, CASP, CySA+, Sec+, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops, VCP-DCV, VCP-NV, MCP, and more
    Quote Originally Posted by lizette1121622 View Post

I will be reviewing a 70 page outline that I created and then will share that with anyone this weekend who will be sitting for the exam.

Cogratulations and thank you for sharing!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CIPP/US Outline

Hello, does anyone have a good CIPP/US outline that they would not mind sharing? Thank you in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member Registered Member

Congrats! I am sitting for the exam a week from tomorrow and am looking for ways to supplement the studying I have been doing the last couple weeks. Would you be willing to share your outline? (It’s not letting me message you).

Also:
    -To what extent did the test incorporate the GDPR?
    -How many state-specific laws that are mentioned in passing in the book (i.e. Arizona’s data destruction laws only apply to paper records) do they test? I was hoping to avoid memorizing all of these but I just did the IAPP practice test and it definitely had one of these...

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi! Did you take CIPT? I did and was unsuccessful. I read the book and took the practice exams. I thought there was material on there that wasn’t covered. Was that your experience? I am paying for this out of my own pocket and am making a real effort. Just wondering what others have to say. Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
    Congrats! I am sitting for the exam a week from tomorrow and am looking for ways to supplement the studying I have been doing the last couple weeks. Would you be willing to share your outline? (It’s not letting me message you).Also:-To what extent did the test incorporate the GDPR?-How many state-specific laws that are mentioned in passing in the book (i.e. Arizona’s data destruction laws only apply to paper records) do they test? I was hoping to avoid memorizing all of these but I just did the IAPP practice test and it definitely had one of these... Thanks!
    I don't believe you are expected to memorize the state-specific laws. Just know the commonalities.As for the GDPR, I had a few questions when I took it last summer, but they weren't in-depth.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi all. I'm taking the CIPP/US exam soon. Sounds like there are some outlines floating around. Does anyone have one they're willing to share? Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member Registered Member

Hi There,

I am preparing for CIPP/US. Could you please share the outline with me?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi -

I'm a new member and am looking to take the CIPP/US exam. Would anyone be willing to share an outline? Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member Registered Member
    New user here,

Did anyone consent to the sharing of an outline for the CIPP/US exam? Looking to sit for it in the coming weeks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Junior Member
    Could you send me your emails? I seem to have trouble sending the documents here. If any one has the documents/outlines that I shared with some members here, please share them. I login once in a week
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Junior Member Registered Member
    Could you send me your emails? I seem to have trouble sending the documents here. If any one has the documents/outlines that I shared with some members here, please share them. I login once in a week
    Thanks for the offer! I'm new and can't send messages to members. Can you message me? If not, I can post a burner email address here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Junior Member
    Email techexamthrowaway2017[at]gmail[dot]com. I can hook whomever up with my CIPP/US outline. And if it's ok with lizette1121622, I can share her CIPP/E outline.
    Last edited by schiphol; 03-28-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: formatting was wild, wild I tells yeh
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks