+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, VCP5-DCV, VCP-Cloud, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2003, Security +, Net+, A+
    Made some small progress last night and got a low privileged shell on Bob. I've been bouncing around enumerating and trying exploits on a number of machines before putting some time in on Bob. I feel like even though I have a low priv shell this may not have been the easiest way to attack this box. I should have another free evening tonight to hopefully finish this box. Things have been moving pretty slow due to personal life and not making this a priority. I will probably take a 90 day extension while it's pretty affordable.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CISSP, Net+, Sec+, OSWP
    You really have to dedicate the time to this. I went through 150 days and never made much progress, this has to become a major part of your life during your lab time. I'll finish it one day...
    Title: Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, Network+, Security+, OSWP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    how many average hours would you both suggest to complete a 90 day run?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, VCP5-DCV, VCP-Cloud, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2003, Security +, Net+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fluxx View Post
    how many average hours would you both suggest to complete a 90 day run?
    I'm 60 days in and have not done nearly enough. In a perfect world I would suggest at a minimum 30 hours a week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    Alright, have some good news to report. After working on bob for a few days I took a break from him yesterday and got to work on another machine. After 4 hours I had system on Ralph. Definitely could have had it sooner but I was focused on doing it a certain way before going for an easier method.

With my newfound optimism I got straight to work on Mike. Mike was a lot of fun. Very different compared to the rest of the boxes I've done--definitley my favorite for now. Again, I think there may have been a quicker way but I was having a hard time getting it to work. I ended up getting system by thinking "differently". Thinking like a different job description than I had been. It was actually really straightforward at that point.

Hopefully I can keep up the steam. So far I've rooted Alice, Barry, Ralph, and Mike. I have a low priv shell on bob and will need to come back to him sometime soon. Might try another machine or two first though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    Priv Esc on Bob is not as easy as it seems!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Wow, wow, wow.

Just spent a few hours last night and this morning on Payday. Finally have root and contents of proof.txt.

Seriously? lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Lab time expired end of July. Took a break during Blackhat/Defcon week and started WGU same time. After I knockout Secure Software Design I'll get warmed back up and I'll purchase another 30 days. Exam has been set for 10/20!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, LPIC-1, C|EH, CCNA R&S
    Good luck on the upcoming exam. How many boxes have you popped so far?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks