Good luck
    My lab time starts on 18th February. Can't wait anymore
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber OPS, Security+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucodex View Post
    Been awhile since I last updated.

Been really busy the last few weeks but I've managed to work through about about 60% of the PWK. Like others have said, DO THIS FIRST. These will help you immensely in the lab.

Looking to wrap this PDF up by the weeks end and then I'll have 2 weeks to hit the lab, gather notes, and sit for the exam on 2/24.
    Hey Blucodex

I'm confused I thought you'd finished the PWK material as per post below?

06-14-2017 02:39 AM
    It's been a slow journey so far. After popping Alice the first day I did some lab enumeration but did not attempt any more boxes. I went and did the entire PDF. I haven't dedicated enough time to this and have been pretty busy but I did manage to finish the lab material this week and last night I got to work on another low hanging fruit in Barry.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA Cyber Ops, MCSA 2012, MCSA 2008, Security +, Net+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by liz4rd View Post
    Hey Blucodex

I'm confused I thought you'd finished the PWK material as per post below?

06-14-2017 02:39 AM
    It's been a slow journey so far. After popping Alice the first day I did some lab enumeration but did not attempt any more boxes. I went and did the entire PDF. I haven't dedicated enough time to this and have been pretty busy but I did manage to finish the lab material this week and last night I got to work on another low hanging fruit in Barry.
    I did go through the PDF but did not do all the exercises. Plus, it's been a long time since I originally started so a refresher is good.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber OPS, Security+, Network+
    I did go through the PDF but did not do all the exercises. Plus, it's been a long time since I originally started so a refresher is good.
    Ah I see... Well good luck. I'm on the 3rd week out of my 90 days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    Coming up on exam date. Time to pay the piper. I'll be working on the lab machines this week as I make final preparations. Here's a tentative schedule I've setup in hopes of keeping my motivation high during the exam. I feel like just under 17 hours of lab time seems a little slim but I also don't see how getting less than 5 hours of sleep is going to allow me to stay focused.

OSCP Exam Schedule

Date/Time: 2/24/2018 @ 3:00PM (Saturday)
    • 6-11am – Gather scripts, put together plan for lab enumeration, work on remaining lab tasks, take care of any outstanding chores, and get food/drink for lab.
    • 11-2pm Take nap to get refreshed for exam.
    • 2-3pm Wakeup and get energized, finalize last minute preparation.
    • 3-7pm Lab Time!!! (4 hours)
    • 7-8pm Dinner break w/family
    • 8-1am Lab Time!!! (5 hours)
    • 1-6am Sleep Break: If I have any long scripts/chron jobs to do kick off now
    • 6-6:30am Breakfast
    • 6:30 – 11am Lab Time!!! (4.5 hours)
    • 11-11:30am Lunch Break
    • 11:30 – 2:45pm Lab Time!!! (3.25 hours)
    Total lab time = 16.75 hours
    Last edited by Blucodex; 02-18-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    eJPT, eCPPT, OSCP
    3pm is actually the best start time IMO, if you sleep for 6 hours, you can work 3pm to midnight and sleep 6 hours. Then work 6am to 3pm, so you get two 9-hour days/sessions to work on it. My first two attempts i started early in the morning, worked until like midnight got burnt out and was a zombie the next morning and couldn't think clearly. On my third attempt I scheduled it for 3pm, and i barely failed at the end by running out of time I think I had 65/70 with my extra credit.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Checking in before the exam starts here in about 30 minutes. Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst because I know I could really use more lab time. Let's go!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    No way to to sugar coat it. Got my lunch handed to me. I knew I wasn't going to pass but thought I would make a little more head way. Leaving town for work tomorrow then have CCNA Cyber Ops starting first week of April. Even though it was a hard fail--I really enjoyed working on the machines!

As much as I want to buy 30 days and hit the labs hard to test before CCNA Cyber Ops I'm thinking I might be better off working on vulnhubs until CCNA Cyber Ops is over. Then buy 30-60 days of OSCP labs and trying again.
    Last edited by Blucodex; 02-25-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Sorry to hear it Blucodex. So I don't have to search the thread, how many machines did you pop in the labs? I'd say in addition to vulnhub, look at HTB.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Next Up:​ eJPT, eCPPTv2, OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (CLI, Git, Python), eLearnSecurity PTSv3
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    Sorry to hear it Blucodex. So I don't have to search the thread, how many machines did you pop in the labs? I'd say in addition to vulnhub, look at HTB.

I only got 12 boxes down and I used MSF on all but 1 or 2. I recognize that I have a lot to do to be prepared. Thanks for the resources!

Exam scheduled for April 27th. Will re-up lab time when I return home Friday.
    Last edited by Blucodex; 02-27-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    Spent the week and weekend working on my buffer overflow skills. Gained a much better understanding on what they are, how to interact with vulnerable applications, and python sockets. Signing up for 60 more days of labs starting tonight and will update once I have over 20 boxes shelled without using Metasploit.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    Update. Finally rooted 20 boxes. I see that my previous post says w/o Metasploit. Well, I don't have 20 manually but I don't care I'm just stoked I got to 20 and knocked down Pain which wasn't too hard after all. Test is scheduled for 4/27. Next goal is to get to 30 roots with knocking over humble and severance prior to test date. Feeling pretty good compared to where I was a few months ago and still have 3 weeks to prepare.

Manually rooted Alice, Alpha, Barry, Beta, Dotty, Mike, Pain, Phoenix, and Suzie. The rest I just haven't came back to try manually as I've been focused to getting into more boxes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Good work Blucodex!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, AWS CCP, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning: Linux/CLI, Git, Python, Pentesting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thanks JoJo. Been a lot of fun the last go round since I've been able to spend more time in the lab. Knocked out Core today manually. Time to shop for patio furniture before getting back to more boxes.

Small world, went to a local security meetup Friday and ran into a guy with his OSCP. He ended up not only being in the TechExams OSCP Discord channel but DM history shows we talked in July of last year when we both started the class. What are the odds?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    Exam date is coming up this Friday at 3pm. I feel a lot better than I did last time but could use more lab time. I'm only up to 24 roots at the moment and LP shells on Gamma and Bethany. Also working on Sherlock at the moment. I definitely need better post exploitation enumeration. Heck, I could use better everything

My May is pretty booked between a work trip, vacation, and the Cisco CCNA CyberOps scholarship. Current plan is to sit the exam, if I fail, chew through the month of May while fitting in some Vulnhubs. Either sit the exam again, or purchase another 60 days of lab time and finish all (hopefully) the rest of the boxes and sit the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    I ain't dead yet. Been super busy at work and have had a lot on my plate. I am now able to get back focused on the OSCP. Currently working through HTB free boxes. Will update again when I get more boxes under my belt. Current goal is to sit for the exam sometime after BH/BS/DEFCON week. Probably late August or early September.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Woah he lives!! Good luck man.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    OSCP, CEH, eJPT, CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+
    I ain't dead yet. Been super busy at work and have had a lot on my plate. I am now able to get back focused on the OSCP. Currently working through HTB free boxes. Will update again when I get more boxes under my belt. Current goal is to sit for the exam sometime after BH/BS/DEFCON week. Probably late August or early September.
    HTB is definitely a great way to go. If you do well on there, you will do well in the labs. IMO some of the HTB boxes were tougher than the exam machines.
    2018 Certification Goals: OSCE
    Blog: https://hackfox.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseboost View Post
    HTB is definitely a great way to go. If you do well on there, you will do well in the labs. IMO some of the HTB boxes were tougher than the exam machines.
    I've heard that as well. I just want to do the low budget option to get better before taking the exam or buying more lab time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks