+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    B.S. in Computer Information Systems from The University of Akron, MCSE, Network +, A+
    Can someone send me the link to the slack group?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    I actually plan on it. For now I'm focusing on Python and Linux for a few months. I've also got the eLearn PTPv4 course I'm going to go through as prep for the OSCP. I should be in great position to go for the OSCP after I get my bonus early next year.
    Your the best GATOR in the world JoJo. Thats what im doing now before I dive into the OSCP.... I said "why do i want the eJPT when I can just tackle the beast OSCP" so im sharpening my tools to take it down....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Default link to a group for oscp ?

Hey , i was wondering if anyone has a link to the URL for the people who are doing OSCP ? i just started mine last month
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, MCSE NT 4.0, CCNA, MCSE Win2k, CISSP, GCIH, CCSK, GPEN
    I'm sure you'll make the most of your extra prep time, sorry to hear about the delay.

I'm almost three weeks into the course and the things I wish I knew better are: C programming and python scripting. Everybody's background is different so take that with a grain of salt.
    Current course: Started PWK on 8/12/2017
    2018: Linux+, eWPT/GWAPT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ph.D Candidate, MA, BA, CASP, Security+, Project+, Network+, Mobility+, CCNA-Security, CCENT
    Best of luck, mate!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    So OSCP is back on! I'm set to start on 9/30. I spoke to management again about the expense, and they are requesting approval from senior management to get it approved. Based on this situation and also some things since my manager left, I feel like I can't afford to not take the course, so I've decided that if management doesn't get the approval for it, then I will just pay the bill (corp card) myself. I want to go ahead and move forward with the OSCP so that I have an ace in my back pocket if I need it.

So I'm doing the command line course on Code Academy, and then doing the Git and Python course before the 30th. As well I am going to do some preliminary studying of buffer overflows using my eLearnsecurity material.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    So OSCP is back on! I'm set to start on 9/30. I spoke to management again about the expense, and they are requesting approval from senior management to get it approved. Based on this situation and also some things since my manager left, I feel like I can't afford to not take the course, so I've decided that if management doesn't get the approval for it, then I will just pay the bill (corp card) myself. I want to go ahead and move forward with the OSCP so that I have an ace in my back pocket if I need it.

So I'm doing the command line course on Code Academy, and then doing the Git and Python course before the 30th. As well I am going to do some preliminary studying of buffer overflows using my eLearnsecurity material.
    Are you going for the basic or will you upgrade?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Quote Originally Posted by katawia View Post
    Are you going for the basic or will you upgrade?
    I did the upgrade for Code Academy. It's like $19/mo and includes the projects, which I find helpful to reinforce the material. I'm working through the Command Line course now and so far, so good. THIS is the way that I learn. I'm a practical, hands-on learner. Watching then doing works amazingly well for me.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    I did the upgrade for Code Academy. It's like $19/mo and includes the projects, which I find helpful to reinforce the material. I'm working through the Command Line course now and so far, so good. THIS is the way that I learn. I'm a practical, hands-on learner. Watching then doing works amazingly well for me.
    Told u..... You going to pass this OSCP.... we BOTH going to pass it!
    GO GATORS!!!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    GCIH, C|EH, MCSA Windows 10
    Congrats OP. I hope you get it done. I just passed the GCIH a few days ago and passed the CEH a few months ago. Since passing the GCIH, I've been wondering if I should go for another cert or if I should try and sharpen my skills and after reading this, I think I'll go with sharpening my security skills. You've motivated it. I also started the command line course on code academy. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member
    Best of luck mate!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member
    Hopefully this is not against the rules in here but here you go:

netsecfocus.slack.com

you can not join the channel until you have started your course though. Best of luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member
    I appreciate the feedback... I'm also hands... so will check it out. Need a project like this to save time for the OSCP and beyond. Of course I don't mind doing some reading. I want to save that until after OSCP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Junior Member
    I appreciate the feedback... I'm also hands... so will check it out. Need a project like this to save time for the OSCP and beyond. Of course I don't mind doing some reading. I want to save that until after OSCP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ITSpectre View Post
    Told u..... You going to pass this OSCP.... we BOTH going to pass it!
    GO GATORS!!!
    have you pass it ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    Good luck man.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks